Solved

Why do my online renewal rates not match the rates quoted in my renewal letter?

• ljb
  • Savvy**
  • 2 replies
I recently received a renewal letter with a quote for electricity and gas on the Better energy tariff.

Electricity 15.49 (inc VAT) gas 3.8 (inc VAT)

The letter says this rate is guaranteed until 15 November 2019.

But when I logged into my account to renew, the Better Energy tariff quoted is more expensive:

Electricity 16.70 (ex VAT) gas 4.15 (ex VAT)

The standing charges are the same.

How can I get the cheaper tariff?
icon

Best answer by Emily_OVO 9 October 2018, 18:53

Hi @ljb

It sounds like this renewal letter was sent to you before our recent Pay monthly price increase.

On the 5th October, we increased the rates for our PAYM Better Energy and 2 year fixed plans.

These new rates would've been updated on the Renewal section of your My OVO account on the same day - which is why they differ from the rates on the letter.

Hope this helps,
Emily

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @ljb

It sounds like this renewal letter was sent to you before our recent Pay monthly price increase.

On the 5th October, we increased the rates for our PAYM Better Energy and 2 year fixed plans.

These new rates would've been updated on the Renewal section of your My OVO account on the same day - which is why they differ from the rates on the letter.

Hope this helps,
Emily
So can I still get the original rate I was quoted?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @ljb - we should definitely be able to honour the rates you were quoted. I'd advise getting in touch with the team on Facebook or Twitter who'll be able to arrange this. Send a message with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers
I'm not on facebook or twitter
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @ljb - in that case I'd advise giving our team a call on 0330 303 5063.

Cheers
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close