Solved

Why are the prices showing on my smart meter and In Home Display (IHD) different?

• 1 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I live in Coventry. You have sent me a Welcome Letter indicating tariffs as follows:

Gas 0.0354p/kWh
Standing charge: 0.2459p/day
Electricity: 0.1539p/kWh
Standing charge: 0.2038p/day

First of all, I assume that p means pounds rather than pence.

The electricity tariff, after I add VAT at 5% is cheaper than your published price, cheaper than the rate that you have entered on my smart meter, and cheaper than the price that you quote when I request an on-line quote.

My Smart Meter indicates 16.51p per kWh including VAT and daily standing order of 22.45p including VAT.

Please,state which is correct for my locality.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 13 February 2019, 13:37

The electricity tariff, after I add VAT at 5% is cheaper than your published price, cheaper than the rate that you have entered on my smart meter, and cheaper than the price that you quote when I request an on-line quote.

Thanks for reaching out today @Sterling

It sounds like the prices on your smart meter are wrong - it won't effect your charges though! Just email us to update the tariff that's loaded: hello@ovoenergy.com.

To see the Simpler Energy rates in your area, type in your postcode here
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for reaching out today @Sterling

It sounds like the prices on your smart meter are wrong - it won't effect your charges though! Just email us to update the tariff that's loaded: hello@ovoenergy.com.

To see the Simpler Energy rates in your area, type in your postcode here