Solved

Why are the prices for renewal different on My OVO and the OVO website?

• 19 August 2019
  • 3 replies

My current contract ends on 25th September, so I have been looking at alternatives for the coming year. The OVO Better Energy 29/07/19 quoted on the price comparison sites, and also on the OVO website differ from those offered on MyOVO. The electricity tariff info is all the same, but the gas unit price is 3.035p per KwH (inc VAT) on the comparison websites, 3.03p per KwH (inc VAT) for my address on the OVO website (not logged in) - ie as a prospective new customer, although the website did recognise my address as already being supplied by OVO and suggested that I visited MyOVO to complete a renewal as it would be quicker. On MyOVO, the unit price for gas is 3.10p per KwH excl VAT (3.255p per KwH inc VAT). This would mean it costs me £18.22 MORE to renew via MyOVO than via the OVO website or via a price comparison site for my gas usage. Why?

icon

Best answer by Helicopter1 22 August 2019, 17:09

Yes, within minutes of each other. I have now sorted it out with a phonecall to OVO. They are honouring the OVO.com rates; but it doesn't explain why it happened
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
That's strange, @Helicopter1, we'll need some more information about this - did you do the quotes on the same day?
Yes, within minutes of each other. I have now sorted it out with a phonecall to OVO. They are honouring the OVO.com rates; but it doesn't explain why it happened
Userlevel 5
I'm glad we were able to honour the cheaper rates, @Helicopter1. I'll pass this feedback onto the team about the difference in rates, thanks for bringing this to our attention! 🙂