Solved

Why are the new contracts for November 2018 so expensive?

• 2 November 2018
  • 4 replies

My contract runs out 13th December but the new contracts that have been quoted are a lot more expensive! I pay £107 a month already for Gas and Electric so why are the new contracts quoting £130+ ? I cannot afford that?! Please can someone help? Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by PeterR1947 5 November 2018, 15:39

Fluffy, I think you'll find wholesale energy prices are rising regularly. I suggest you try www.uswitch.com but be careful which supplier you choose as there are lots of small companies with little customer feedback and several have gone bust this year
Peter
View original

4 replies

Am paying £175 a month gas/electricity,when asked for price off ovo they replied same price .was told by friends much cheaper obviously not 😉
Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Fluffy, I think you'll find wholesale energy prices are rising regularly. I suggest you try www.uswitch.com but be careful which supplier you choose as there are lots of small companies with little customer feedback and several have gone bust this year
Peter
In my case the reason is that OVO have calculated my annual forecast based on the wrong tariff. On both my statements and on the November contract I am quoted as being on the 2 year fixed energy (all online) March 2018 when I am actually on the 2 year fixed energy (all online) September 2017. Fortunately my bills are being calculated at the right rate. I have reported this situation to OVO twice over the last month and each time I have been re-assured that the IT bug will be fixed, but it is the same on the statement received today.

Check your quoted tariff!
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @FluffyKent - It's worth mentioning that when switching suppliers, we’d always recommend comparing unit rates and standing charges directly, rather than a general quote. This will give you the most accurate idea of what you’ll be paying as it represents your cost per KWh.