Solved

Why are renewal figures given via email not the same as MyOVO?

• 14 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have received my renewal information via email and the attachment gives a breakdown of pricing for a number of options, one of which - Better Energy (fixed for 12 months) I am considering.

However, it quotes an electricity unit rate (per KWh) of  12.38p and a gas  unit rate of 2.44p, but when I go to MyOVO online and select the page for renewals, the equivalent costs for Better Energy are 16.19p per KWh and 3.13p. (All prices exclude VAT)

Can someone explain please??

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 October 2019, 11:53

I have received my renewal information via email and the attachment gives a breakdown of pricing for a number of options, one of which - Better Energy (fixed for 12 months) I am considering.

However, it quotes an electricity unit rate (per KWh) of  12.38p and a gas  unit rate of 2.44p, but when I go to MyOVO online and select the page for renewals, the equivalent costs for Better Energy are 16.19p per KWh and 3.13p. (All prices exclude VAT)

Hi @Steve587 - you’re a high rank on this forum, so we defo want you to renew with us - let’s get this sorted!

The prices available should be stated in the email and MyOVO, and they should match up. The only reason they wouldn’t is if we’ve had a price change since the email was sent. 

The prices in the email will be valid for 7 days, even if we have a price change. So check out the date of the email and call us to sort if you’re in time:  0330 303 5063.

Keep us updated please!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Steve587 - you’re a high rank on this forum, so we defo want you to renew with us - let’s get this sorted!

The prices available should be stated in the email and MyOVO, and they should match up. The only reason they wouldn’t is if we’ve had a price change since the email was sent. 

The prices in the email will be valid for 7 days, even if we have a price change. So check out the date of the email and call us to sort if you’re in time:  0330 303 5063.

Keep us updated please!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes, it appears there has been a price rise after more than 7 days, which accounts for the discrepancy