Solved

Why am I receiving a reminder when I have already renewed?

• 18 September 2019
  • 5 replies

I have today received an email which said "just a quick reminder that your fixed rate energy plan is coming to an end. So remember to renew your plan – otherwise we’ll have to move you to our standard variable plan, where rates can go up or down. One option is to renew today onto our 1-year fixed rate plan where you could save up to £1571 per year compared to what you’d pay on our variable plan. And because the prices are locked in for the duration of the contract, you won’t be affected by energy price rises. Win win.
I find this very odd as I renewed my plan in August to take effect from September. When I look at my profile online I see that my new 2 year plan is starting soon.
Why am I receving a reminder when I have already renewed?
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 19 September 2019, 13:15

Hi @Solothelab @lizleech and @ChrisofWestSussex

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Once you renew, you should then be excluded from these reminder emails, clearly you guys weren't so we've fixed that now and you shouldn't see anymore coming through!

Might be a few more members that experience this, as part of the process we've fixed is already in motion, but just ignore them! Apologies for any confusion!
View original

5 replies

I have exactly the same question
I also!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Solothelab @lizleech and @ChrisofWestSussex

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Once you renew, you should then be excluded from these reminder emails, clearly you guys weren't so we've fixed that now and you shouldn't see anymore coming through!

Might be a few more members that experience this, as part of the process we've fixed is already in motion, but just ignore them! Apologies for any confusion!
Thank you for your prompt reply - at least I now know I really have renewed, as I was wondering If I hadn't completed the process.

PS I had a similar reminder from Martin Lewis, after I thought I had renewed, so maybe that is another area to check? Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Thanks for the heads up re: Martin Lewis, @ChrisofWestSussex, I'll feed this back to @Darran_OVO!