Solved

Renewed via MyOVO in error - how do I undo this?

• 7 December 2018
  • 11 replies

I have just renewed my plan by one click on the website, thinking that I would be told what the tariffs would be with the new plan and given the opportunity to refuse or accept the offer. Where can I find the new tariff rates on the website and how do I exercise my right to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period. I am an existing customer and fear that I will lose my reward if contacting OVO by email. I wish to leave OVO for this change of policy.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 10 December 2018, 15:27

How do I exercise my right to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period?

I'll step in here @100017210 as it's a bit technical for other users.

If you've just renewed, but the contract hasn't kicked in yet, we can cancel this for you. Email us to request this: hello@ovoenergy.com

As it's not something you can do yourself, you won't lose your self service reward for contacting us! 😎

You'll then be able to renew or not as you see fit, via MyOVO!
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

If you've just renewed, but the contract hasn't kicked in yet, we can cancel this for you. Email us to request this: hello@ovoenergy.com

As it's not something you can do yourself, you won't lose your self service reward for contacting us! 😎

Welcome to the forum, @htcom, I've moved your post here, the above best answer will help!
My fixed rate contract was renewed on 1 September (five days ago).

As this contract has only just started is it covered by a cooling off period or because this is a renewal am I going to get stung for the cancellation fee if I now move to Ovo's flexible tariff or switch supplier ?

Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Fourwinds - I've moved your post over here. More info on how to do this above ⬆
I opted for a new 2 year Fixed Energy contract before checking out all options (foolish, I know) and now would like to go for a one year Better Energy contract. How can I do this? The new term doesn't start until 25 April 2019.
Userlevel 5
I know this isn't a renewal, @Bella, but take a look at the best answer at the top - this will help you out here! 🙂
Hi there.. I can't believe what I've just done.. but I have just literally clicked on the button for a 2 year fixed contract.. Which I did not want - I was only having a look through my account.. I can't believe how easily this has happened, and there's no way on line of cancelling it.. Have sent an email.. but of course won't hear anything now and the office is closed so can't phone.. Can't believe this has happened right before Christmas.. grrrr.. Does anyone know if they can cancel it?..
Userlevel 2
Hi @100017210

I’ve removed your comment has it contained personal information.

If you can message our OVO Facebook page confirming your name, Dob and account number: https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy or you can email us at hello@ovoenergy.com and we can take a look into this for you!
* removed by moderator*
Userlevel 6
Badge
Sorry to hear about this, @100017210. The only we we can get you some answers about this if we can take a look into your account. Drop the team on Facebook a message with your account number, full name and DoB and the team will be able to help.
Thanks for the response Tim. I have emailed OVO to cancel the agreement and received a call from you this morning to confirm the cancellation.
I still have an issue regarding my renewal which your CS agent seemed unable to help with.
OVO have notified me that due to an error on their part, I have been undercharged for electricity since April 2017, and that they are terminating my agreement as of 22 January 2019. As I have complied with all the terms and conditions, OVO has no grounds to terminate my agreement other than their own incompetence.
I consider OVO to be in breach of contract and will be considering my position over the coming days. I have been a customer of OVO since 2010 and have hitherto found their customer care to be of the highest standard and one of the reasons that I have renewed my agreement year on year. I am therefore disappointed in this present action which seems to be a change in that customer consideration.
I am at present a dual energy customer, but this latest develop will see my existing agreement change to gas only (starting in April 2019) and a new electricity only contract beginning on 23 January 2019. This may put me at a financial disadvantage should I wish to switch suppliers as well as being an inconvenience of renewing the agreements at different times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2