Solved

Renew now and get green for free?

Following a renewal email I renewed expecting to get Green electricity for free (for 6 months) but there is no sign of this, I was expecting it would pop up as an option after I renewed but nothing? There wasn't this option in my upgrades and offers.

As I am currently Green I was looking for a discount. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 28 March 2019, 14:09

Hi @GerryoftheHill,

If you've had an email inviting you to renew and get the green add-on for free, login to your My OVO first, copy the link you received in the email and then paste that into the browser in the same tab.
View original

10 replies

As a 5 year Ovo account holder I’ve been offered a free* green energy upgrade(22/3/19) but can see no way of confirming this after extensive searches on the Ovo website. In my account it offers me a £4 a month upgrade tarif. Frustrated. It I email to pose question, I’d be penalised and lose my self service discount.
As a 5 year customer I received an email 6th March with a link to claim my free green.
When I click the link I get the message "We are not able to give you this add-on at the moment. Please try later."
I have tried most days since and always get the same message.
I do not want to lose my self service discount but I also don't want to miss a years worth of green energy £60 (£5 x 12)
I am already on green energy for both Gas & Electric, is this why I can't claim it?
I renew next month, can I use this as part of my renewal?
Thanks.
Hi I have been sent a special offer email of upgrade to Green Electricity free for 12 months.
I click on the link in the email and login to my Ovo account.
I then get a message
"We are not able to give you this add-on at the moment. Please try again later."
I have made tens of attempts and keep getting the same message. every time.
Should I just give up?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@ClaireP It is fantastic you would like to upgrade to Green Electricity 😁

I would highly recommend you to call OVO customer support team who should be able to assist you with this.
If I call them won't I lose my 'self service reward'?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @GerryoftheHill,

If you've had an email inviting you to renew and get the green add-on for free, login to your My OVO first, copy the link you received in the email and then paste that into the browser in the same tab.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @JenOvo, @QuietFox and @ClaireP,

I've moved all your posts over here onto a thread about the same thing. Check out my best answer above ☝🏼

Hope this helps
I tried copying the link from the email as suggested above.
I still get the same error message :-(
Ho hum.
Hi @GerryoftheHill,

Thanks Nancy-Ovo,
That's seems a bit convoluted and I think I'm scuppered now as I had already renewed in the mistaken belief the option would come afterwards. I might see if I can back out of the renewal as my present deal hasn't ended. I want green electricity but I want the discount too if at all possible. As the other responders indicate, potentially losing your online discount for having to have Ovo fulfill an offer that didn't appear when I renewed seems to be excessively punitive.
Hi @GerryoftheHill,

I have also tried this but I still get the message "We are not able to give you this add-on at the moment. Please try again later."
Please could someone confirm if this is a temporary technical issue (and if so a ETA for a fix) or if I will never be able to claim my free green.
A speedy response would be appreciated as I am due to renew this week.
Thanks.