News

Plan Zero announcement: renewable electricity in our tariffs now up to 50% as standard!

• 1 October 2019
  • 1 reply
Plan Zero announcement: renewable electricity in our tariffs now up to 50% as standard!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

We’re pleased to announce that from today, we are increasing the standard amount of renewable electricity in our tariffs from 33% to 50% for all OVO Energy customers.

We’re making this change because of Plan Zero

We’ve launched our new sustainability strategy, Plan Zero which sets out how we will drive progress to zero carbon living.  This change supports our Plan Zero aims:

Are there any plans to increase this to 100%?

We would love to be able to offer 100% renewable energy for all of our customers as standard but there is no way we could do this without compromising on our commitment to affordable pricing. All OVO Energy members still have the option to upgrade to 100% renewable electricity.

We believe that real change requires people to be more engaged in the way they use their energy and to improve energy efficiency. That’s why we’re working hard to develop products and technology that help customers to understand how to use their energy as efficiently as possible.  

Help us get there! What support do you need from us, to help you and your homes be more energy efficient and to do your bit? Leave a comment below and let’s start talking about What We Can Do! 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Barnabee I can see you've earned our Wayfinder badge in the last 7 days! 🥇

That tells me you're a bit of a problem solver. I won't ask you to solve this current carbon related problem, but what do you think of our plan?