Solved

New OVO Contract via email, what is Green Electricty?

• 27 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I've just received an email from OVO with my new contract. A couple of things concern me.

1) I've been put on Green Electricity - OK, they say that they've not chaged the £5 per month it usually costs but how does the price per unit compare to what I've been paying on my current plan?

I can't find a comparison of price per unit between plans on the web site.

and

2) On the New Contract info the OVO estimate of what my annual usage will cost is £152.61 more than the estimate shown in the payments section of the OVO web site - why is this?

Again, there's no explaination of how this is calculated, using what unit prices. It may be £60 less than this if it doesn't take into account the "all online" discounts but that's still over £90 more.

Anyone else got this new contract? Anyone else find that it's estimate is much more than on the web site? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 29 July 2019, 19:01

Welcome to the forum, @CharlesE, I've tweaked your topic title to make it easier to find for other users.

This is something you'll need to contact our customer care team about because it is so account specific, regarding your usage.

It sounds like we have given you the green add on free of charge, you can remove this at any point, but I'd ask the team to check this over when you contact them.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Hope this helps!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @CharlesE, I've tweaked your topic title to make it easier to find for other users.

This is something you'll need to contact our customer care team about because it is so account specific, regarding your usage.

It sounds like we have given you the green add on free of charge, you can remove this at any point, but I'd ask the team to check this over when you contact them.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Hope this helps!
Hi Amy - thanks, it's good to get a reply.

I'm not sure about contacting the team to ask the questions - I understand it that will mean me losing my "all online" discount for the month. Hence why I was using the forum.

I know that there is normally a 5 pound per month charge for Green Energy. My main question though is "Are the unit prices of Electric and Gas the same for my current plan "2 Year Fixed Energy (all online)", and "Green Energy"? Is the 5 per month the only difference between the two plans?

I can't find the answer to this on the web site.

... and yes, you were correct in assuming that I had been put on the "Green Energy" plan free of charge.

The usage question was general really to those on the forum - has anyone received a New Cntract email? If so, does its estimate of annual use differ considerably from that on the OVO web site? I don't need to know specifics, just looking for a bit of comfort.

Regards

Charles
Userlevel 5
Green Energy is an add on, @CharlesE, so it won't affect your unit rates.

Just so you're aware you won't lose your Self Service Reward if you can't find the answer you need online! 🙂