Solved

I have received the wrong quote information, can this be changed?

• 3 October 2019
  • 2 replies

I received a phone call last Friday from OVO, the gentleman’s name was Ian, after sorting out my account (which is up for renewal on the 10th Oct, he gave me a new quote for my next one which was ok with me.
then on the Monday, I received an email from OVO telling me my new contract! This was more annually, and more on my monthly DD than what Ian had quoted me?
i was puzzled, so sent an email, which took 2 days to get a reply, only to be quoted another price, with no reference to the one I’d already been quoted! This has really confused me! I sent a reply, saying this was not the question I asked, and could Ian phone me please to sort my new contract out! I’ve heard nothing since!
What should I do? If they’re sticking to the email price, then I don’t want that, and will look at other providers, but time is running out!
has anyone else had problems contacting OVO? I am loath to phone as it quotes a price of over £3 a minute and I can’t afford that!
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 4 October 2019, 13:11

Welcome to the forum, @Grandmajax, it sounds like the quote confirmation is wrong, we will absolutely honor the rates you were offered over the phone, as @SR3 mentioned (great advice by the way!)

You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

I tweaked the title of your post and added some tags to help other users that may have the same query.

Thanks!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
I take it their prices change on a weekly basis the same as other companies.

If you were quoted a price on the phone then surely they must honour that. All of the calls are recorded and you entered into a verbal contract.

OVO 0330 number isn't charged at £3 as its local rate. Always use the number from their own website or any letters/emails you receive. Many websites have contact numbers but isn't directed directly to OVO they just simply transfer the call and charge you a fortune for the privilege
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @Grandmajax, it sounds like the quote confirmation is wrong, we will absolutely honor the rates you were offered over the phone, as @SR3 mentioned (great advice by the way!)

You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

I tweaked the title of your post and added some tags to help other users that may have the same query.

Thanks!