Solved

How come my '2 Year Fixed Energy' tariff has no end date?

I'm now on "2 Year Fixed Energy (all online) 15 March 2019" for electricity and gas, but the contract says "No End Date". Yet, there's a £30 exit fee "if you cancel this tariff before the end date". Which doesn't exist, apparently. Although 2 years would obviously take it to 15 March 2012. Is the contract just wrong, or is something else going on?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 16 April 2019, 13:11

If you log out and back in again, does this update the information?

Hey @slwatson - looks like this might be an error with the confirmation letter.

If you log into your online account - is the information correct on there?
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
That's an odd one, @slwatson. Sounds like a tech glitch. If you log out and back in again, does this update the information?

If not, please post a screenshot on here so we can take a further look!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Alternatively, @slwatson You could just ignore it and keep the contract live. By 2025 you'll be the only one in the country enjoying such a low tariff 😉

Userlevel 6
Badge
If you log out and back in again, does this update the information?

Hey @slwatson - looks like this might be an error with the confirmation letter.

If you log into your online account - is the information correct on there?
Yes, it shows 1st April 2021 as the end date, so the letter was wrong.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Good to hear @slwatson - seems like your end date has been recorded correctly on your account, but there was a typo in the letter confirmation.
Assuming the letter is automatically generated, as I'm sure is the case, it's a bug not a typo. so others will be affected - best get your IT staff to fix it.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @slwatson - we've not had any widespread reports of this affecting other accounts currently, but thanks for the concern! 🙂
I have upgraded to include the green add on and received a confirmation letter. The tariff information on this letter is higher than my current rate and like the previous complaint there is no end date and exit fees of £30. Are we still being told this is a typo ?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @AnneW,

It does sound like it, yes. If you'd like us to double check your account specific information, please give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook (m.me/ovoenergy) with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers