Solved

Free green electricity upgrade - how long is this offer valid for?

I've recently received an e-mail saying I'm entitled to an upgarde to green electricity, which would normally cost £5 per month. Can you tell me how long this offer is valid for?

I'm thinking of changing my tariff which ends on 7th May, so can anyone tell me what would happen in this case? Am I still entitled to the green upgrade? My current tariff is Better Energy - Economy 7 (all online) and I'm thinking of changing it to the cheapest available which, according to the information on my latest bill, is 2 Year Fixed Energy - Economy 7 (all online).
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 21 March 2019, 14:21

Hi @theminz,

You've been offered a free green electricity upgrade as you've been an OVO customer for over 5 years! 🥂

You can access the offer at any time but only through the email. If you want to claim it at a later date just make sure you keep the email to hand.

Hope this helps!
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @theminz,

You've been offered a free green electricity upgrade as you've been an OVO customer for over 5 years! 🥂

You can access the offer at any time but only through the email. If you want to claim it at a later date just make sure you keep the email to hand.

Hope this helps!
OK, thanks for the info. It was a green electricity rather than green gas upgrade but I guess it's the same principle.

Cheers.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Oops, my mistake @theminz - I've edited my previous response to say green electricity!
Activated Green Electric because of email saying offered for FREE, (till 31st May,) for 6 months... But DD now an extra £5p.m, with immediate effect..... Explain please
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Mercedes1 - I've moved your post onto this topic which is about the Green Add-on.

I think this has been an error on the website. While you won't be charged for the add-on, normally for customer who do pay for this, adding green gas/electricity automatically increases the Direct Debit by £5 per month for each.

You should be able to lower your Direct Debit by the £5 we've mistakenly increased it. Just pop to the 'Payments' section of your online account.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
Hi Nancy.....Hurrah,,,you agree that i have fallen into the "normal" green customer pit, rather than the up to 31st may FREE category.......

However, !!! i have tried to amend my DD back down to £34 pm on the payments section of MY OVO, but as it recommends £48, re my anticipated usage, it wont allow this, so it remains at the £39 (£34+5)........

So i am still stuck, wishing i had not actioned the offer in the first place, to be honest,.........Also, am i going to lose out for making all this contact, as i am supposed to be a SILENT customer,!!!, to get my extra rewards, for only being online......????

to be honest, am now not happy....sorry......

Edited by moderator.
Userlevel 3
Hey @Mercedes1, sorry to hear about the difficulty you've been having.

If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the reward, this is that kind of scenario.

You can find more information about the Self Service reward here.

Please contact our team on Facebook, they'll be able to look into this for you and get the Direct Debit amount amended.

Hope this helps!
Hi Amy.... I presumed I could tap on the link you supplied.... "Facebook", but it takes me to an "INSIDED" page for log in.... & my "usual" entries don't work....... This is now getting very frustrating.....

Surely, as you state, IT IS AN OVO ERROR, it should /could be put right internally.....

Yours, frustrated.... *Removed by moderator*..But without losing my reward entitlement.......
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Mercedes1 - the URL in the hyperlink was wrong. I've fixed this now. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Hi again Nancy... I have used the corrected link & messaged, as you suggest... Asking for the DD to be dropped back to £34p.m....& wanting conf that I have not been penalised for "making contact" re my reward scheme....
Thanks Jane M (3002266)
Hi @theminz,

Hope this helps!

I've just tried the link from my e-mail and got the message "This link has expired. Please contact the sender of the email for more information".

Help!
Userlevel 2
Badge
That's odd, @theminz.

I'd get in contact with our Care Team at hello@ovoenergy.com so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Ed
That's odd, @theminz.

I'd get in contact with our Care Team at hello@ovoenergy.com so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Ed

Any news on this yet? I haven't heard anything yet. Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Have you emailed the team as suggested, @theminz ?
Sorry I read your original reply as "I'll get in contact with our Care Team....".

If I e-mail them, does that mean I'll loose my self-service discount this quarter?
Userlevel 2
Badge
@theminz don't worry, you wouldn't lose your Self Service Reward, as this isn't something you could resolve yourself.

Here's a link to the terms of the Self Service Reward: https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/self-service-reward

Thanks!
Ed

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings