Solved

Feed In Tariff (FIT) - no reply to emails?

• 23 July 2018
  • 1 reply

We had solar panels installed, and the FIT start date on our FIT letter is 20/12/2017. I have had no reminders/suggestions on how to submit readings _at all_, and having emailed the fits@ovoenergy.com on 8th May 2018, and again on 5th June 2018 asking about how to submit readings, have had no response whatsoever. It is now July 23rd.

Why is it not possible to submit readings for FIT via the Ovo website as for gas and electric useage?

Whilst I appreciate no supplier wants to pay people for solar energy, given Ovo's green credentials it's appalling that they are so unsupportive of customers who have invested in solar panels.

I am seriously considering switching supplier as it is now 6 months since our official FIT start date. From reading other comments on your forum, I now see this is a common issue. Very disappointed in Ovo.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 July 2018, 17:12

I'm really sorry to hear about this, @nicky - this certainly isn't the service we want to deliver.

Its odd that you've not had a response, as the team respond to emails within 10 working days.

The welcome letter we send provides information on when and how to provide readings. We also send email read reminders every quarter, so if you're not receiving them there may be an issue with the account -we’d need your details to look into this.

We can’t use My OVO for FIT readings because the energy and FIT account details are held separately. We do have an online form for submitting reads - customers get a personalised link in their read reminder email. The form performs a few tolerance checks as they’re submitting and the reads are uploaded straight to their account.

We'd like to look into this for you to see what's happened with your account. Can you send me a PM with your full name, DoB and account number?

Cheers,
Emma
View original

1 reply

I'm really sorry to hear about this, @nicky - this certainly isn't the service we want to deliver.

Its odd that you've not had a response, as the team respond to emails within 10 working days.

The welcome letter we send provides information on when and how to provide readings. We also send email read reminders every quarter, so if you're not receiving them there may be an issue with the account -we’d need your details to look into this.

We can’t use My OVO for FIT readings because the energy and FIT account details are held separately. We do have an online form for submitting reads - customers get a personalised link in their read reminder email. The form performs a few tolerance checks as they’re submitting and the reads are uploaded straight to their account.

We'd like to look into this for you to see what's happened with your account. Can you send me a PM with your full name, DoB and account number?

Cheers,
Emma