Pinned F.A.Q.

FAQ for HomePlan

• 28 November 2019
  • 5 replies
FAQ for HomePlan
Userlevel 6
Badge

What is it? 

It’s boiler and home emergency cover by us – for you. 

All the info your need is here 

How much is it?

For the first year it’s just £5 a month. You’ll also get a free boiler service in your first year (worth £60). 

What does it include? 

Well apart from peace of mind for your home. The plans can offer cover on boilers and plumbing to electrics and drains, you’ll find a range available and one that suits you.

Plans include:

• Unlimited callouts.

• Parts and labour included.

• Emergency hotline.

What are your response times in an emergency? 

In the event of an emergency (an uncontrolled water leak), we aim to have someone with you within two hours. For other faults, we will do our best to have someone with you on the same day if you call before 9.00am or within 24 hours of your call.

If you need help, please do not hesitate to call the HomePlan 24-hour emergency helpline on 0800 085 0845.

How do I get it?

You’ll find this on your MyOVO, under offers and upgrades.

When will my cover start?

Your policy starts on the day your application is accepted. There is an initial 30-day period where you can’t make a claim.

When will my boiler be serviced?

Your boiler service will normally be carried out towards the end of the first year of your policy. These take place between March and October following the year your policy began. When you sign up, you’ll be advised what month your boiler has been scheduled for and the month prior to this, we’ll be in touch.

T’ and C’s here

5 replies

My OVO Fixed plan is coming to an end and I have been given details to renew. I have also noticed that I would be entitled to free Homeplan Essentials for the 1st year of the 2yr fixed deal.

Now my boiler is new as of last May and covered by Atag’s guarantee. Yes it only covers the boiler and not the rest of the heating system.

Basic question is must I sign up to this plan if accepting a renewal deal?

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’ve popped your post here, @Jem16, there’s lots of handy info for future reference. 

You don’t have to accept the free add on, if it isn’t allowing you to proceed without the add on please reach out to the team. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks Amy,

I haven’t tried accepting the new fixed deal yet but I will get in touch if I have difficulty.

Can I just confirm which HomePlan is being offered free? Is it cover for boiler and heating system only or does it also cover drains?

Userlevel 5

I think it does cover drains, @Jem16, but I’d recommend checking this with the experts you can call them on 0800 012 1232.

I think it does cover drains, @Jem16, but I’d recommend checking this with the experts you can call them on 0800 012 1232.

Thanks bit I managed to find the info and the Essentials is only Boiler & Heating System with a £99 excess. I’ve now renewed my Energy plan but decided against the Essentials cover.

https://homeplan.ovoenergy.com/?&accountId=GT-ACC-2388290