Solved

Error in switching between tariffs - how can I correct this?

• 1 March 2019
  • 3 replies

I have been with OVO for many years. I have recently completed an application to switch from the variable tariff, that I defaulted to whilst deciding whether to switch to a different energy company, to a green energy tariff. When I check the app to see the progress of my switch it tells me there is an error and I cannot access any of my details of my account. The error message tells me that I have been sent an email to explain. The only emails I have been sent tell me that I need to amend my direct debit debit for the variable tariff and when I try and follow the link it does not work.
Please resolve this issue
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 13 March 2019, 15:42

That's strange, @Amanda Clark, send the team a message on Facebook so they can look into this for you. You'll need to confirm your name, DoB and account number.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Amanda Clark,

I'm not quite sure what's happened here. Do you mean you're already on supply with OVO, and you've filled in the form on the website to start a switch at the same property?

If so, you wouldn't need to do this to renew your tariff. You can do that directly through your My OVO account by going to 'My Plan' and selecting 'See mt fixed rate offers'.

Hope this helps
I was thinking about changing suppliers and so went onto the variable tariff and then went through my account and signed up to a new 2yr fixed green tariff at beg of Feb. I keep getting g emails telling me I need to up my direct debit payment but when I go to my account it is froze and tells me my switch is on g hold and that I have been sent an email to explain why but cannot see that I have
Userlevel 5
That's strange, @Amanda Clark, send the team a message on Facebook so they can look into this for you. You'll need to confirm your name, DoB and account number.