Solved

Communal electricity for block of flats - can OVO supply us?

• 14 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello. I'm new to the forum so I hope this is the right place to ask a question about communal electricity - I couldn't find any similar topics already posted here!

I am trying to find out whether OVO can supply electricity in communal areas for blocks of flats rather than just individual homes. I'm a director of an RTM company and I'm currently looking to renew the electricity plan for the blocks of flats the company is managing. Our property managers have only provided quotes from 3 suppliers, however none of them provide any form of renewable energy plans. Is this something OVO normally provides?

Many thanks
Stelios
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 October 2019, 11:41

Good question this@100642867 (by the way, if this username is your OVO ID, I’d recommend changing it in the account settings section). 

OVO only supplies residential supplies, not commercial. This might be listed as a residential supply, in which case we’d be able to take it on. If there’s more then one supply (determined by a Meter Point Reference Number: MPAN), all listed as residential, they’d all have their own switching process that OVO could process here

Bear in mind, someone will need to be the account holder, and be financially liable. It’s OK for a company to be this though. 

My advice would be to call us, so we can check how the listing (s) appears on the national database, and if we can supply them. There’s no doubt that we’re a renewable energy supplier, so we’ve got that covered for sure!

Call us on: 0330 303 5063

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Good question this@100642867 (by the way, if this username is your OVO ID, I’d recommend changing it in the account settings section). 

OVO only supplies residential supplies, not commercial. This might be listed as a residential supply, in which case we’d be able to take it on. If there’s more then one supply (determined by a Meter Point Reference Number: MPAN), all listed as residential, they’d all have their own switching process that OVO could process here

Bear in mind, someone will need to be the account holder, and be financially liable. It’s OK for a company to be this though. 

My advice would be to call us, so we can check how the listing (s) appears on the national database, and if we can supply them. There’s no doubt that we’re a renewable energy supplier, so we’ve got that covered for sure!

Call us on: 0330 303 5063

Hi Tim. Thank you for the response. I will call OVO to check how the listing appears as you advised and see if OVO can supply communal electricity to us.