Solved

Can you get Economy 7 prices with 100% renewable Greener Energy?

• 5 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi,
I have a smart electricity meter on the Greener Energy Plan 100% renewable electricity until 10Aug17. (Renewal date soon!)
I am waiting for a Tesla Powerwall2 to be installed in the next few months in my London flat.
We have no solar or wind generators but hope to exploit the 7 hour low cost electricity at night to charge the battery. We will then use battery power during the high cost 17 hour period.

I would like to go on Dual Tariff Economy 7 using 100% renewable electricity from 10Aug17

Does OVO Energy offer this as an option? If so what is it called and how do I apply for it?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 5 July 2017, 18:36

Hi,
I have a smart electricity meter on the Greener Energy Plan 100% renewable electricity until 10Aug17. (Renewal date soon!)
I am waiting for a Tesla Powerwall2 to be installed in the next few months in my London flat.
We have no solar or wind generators but hope to exploit the 7 hour low cost electricity at night to charge the battery. We will then use battery power during the high cost 17 hour period.

I would like to go on Dual Tariff Economy 7 using 100% renewable electricity from 10Aug17

Does OVO Energy offer this as an option? If so what is it called and how do I apply for it?

Hi @NickinHP

I can see you posted this question as a comment in another topic as well. As this topic is useful for anyone else looking for an answer to this question, I'll repeat the answer I gave earlier:

We can offer you the Economy 7 (eco 7) version of the Greener Energy plan. We could make the change now, offering you the eco 7 tariff rates that were available when you fixed, until your contract expiry. As you specified the 10th August renewal date as being your preferred date, let's leave things as they are for now.

As your smart meter is set up as a single rate meter (not eco 7), your renewal options (visible via My OVO now as it's within 7 weeks of your renewal date: http://ovoener.gy/myovo), will only show this single rate Greener Energy tariff. We'll need to make the change to your smart meter at our end, after we've checked that you're happy with the eco 7 prices.

Tim
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Hi @NickinHP

I can see you posted this question as a comment in another topic as well. As this topic is useful for anyone else looking for an answer to this question, I'll repeat the answer I gave earlier:

We can offer you the Economy 7 (eco 7) version of the Greener Energy plan. We could make the change now, offering you the eco 7 tariff rates that were available when you fixed, until your contract expiry. As you specified the 10th August renewal date as being your preferred date, let's leave things as they are for now.

As your smart meter is set up as a single rate meter (not eco 7), your renewal options (visible via My OVO now as it's within 7 weeks of your renewal date: http://ovoener.gy/myovo), will only show this single rate Greener Energy tariff. We'll need to make the change to your smart meter at our end, after we've checked that you're happy with the eco 7 prices.

Tim