Solved

Can someone explain the different predicted estimated usage on statement and MyOVO?

• 1 February 2019
  • 5 replies

I am due to renew in March. The last bill estimates my usage as £749.98 electricity and £1070.66 for gas, making a total of £1820.64. However, on the Payments page of the website the estimate is £1294.53. This is a huge difference and might influence whether I changed provider. Please could someone clarify this.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 12 February 2019, 14:43

The last bill estimates my usage as £749.98 electricity and £1070.66 for gas, making a total of £1820.64. However, on the Payments page of the website the estimate is £1294.53. Please could someone clarify this.

Great question here @SaS - you're not the first to ask this. There's a similar question in this topic and this topic and this topic

The “Expected usage for the year” figure that's shown on your statement is made using a personnel projection. This looks at a lot of factors, including your property’s annual usage average.

On the Payments section of MyOVO, the estimate is calculated using just your annual usage average. We use that and your credit balance to base your monthly payment amount on.

This topic thread is worth a read @Peterlynn
View original

5 replies

I have decided to switch to another provider as I find it so hard to talk to someone from Ovo without having to pay the £7.50 charge. This used to be a reward for not contacting them but now is an extra which pushes the bill too high. Sorry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
The last bill estimates my usage as £749.98 electricity and £1070.66 for gas, making a total of £1820.64. However, on the Payments page of the website the estimate is £1294.53. Please could someone clarify this.

Great question here @SaS - you're not the first to ask this. There's a similar question in this topic and this topic and this topic

The “Expected usage for the year” figure that's shown on your statement is made using a personnel projection. This looks at a lot of factors, including your property’s annual usage average.

On the Payments section of MyOVO, the estimate is calculated using just your annual usage average. We use that and your credit balance to base your monthly payment amount on.

This topic thread is worth a read @Peterlynn
New plan set at £137 per month, expected cost next year = £1299.
This has not been solved so why has it flagged as such!
And the end of year estimate is £1655,24!