Solved

Better Energy 1 year fixed rates differing to MSE Energy Club ones?

• 9 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello there. Newb in these parts so go easy if I'm putting my feet where I shouldn't please :)

I signed up from the app because the rates were better than the ones I was on just coming from my 2 year fixed.

But then when just doing a cursory check on the market I noticed that MSE had the same deal in name, but with higher rates.

Are the OVO rates shown inclusive of VAT?

The standing charge rates are the same on both (once I add VAT to the OVO ones), but the electricity shows at 13.89 by OVO and 18.659 on MSE per kWh, and gas at 2.48 kWh on OVO, but 3.371 on MSE. VAT doesn't explain the difference.

I'm just concerned I don't end up paying more because of some "confusion" somewhere along the line, even though it's in black and white. I've not had an issues with OVO in the two years I've been a customer, and rare is it the case that after a fixed deal ends I stay with a supplier (it's never happened ever!) so I just want to cover all bases and preempt any potential aggravation!

Thanks
icon

Best answer by SR3 9 October 2019, 09:55

Might it possible that OVO have changed their rates between you fixing into a deal and viewing these on MSE?
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
Might it possible that OVO have changed their rates between you fixing into a deal and viewing these on MSE?