Solved

Was referred LAST YEAR and never received Refer a Friend voucher - why?

• 18 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I’ve been chasing this up since last year and have been ignored every time I emailed.
I was referred back in August 2017. I even provided the email that referred me and the customer service never got back to me.

HELP!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 21 February 2018, 13:06

I was referred back in August 2017. I even provided the email that referred me and the customer service never got back to me.

Sorry about this delay @Jessi247

If everything goes to plan, that voucher should be sent out around your supply start date. More info here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/refer-a-friend/do-you-have-a-refer-a-friend-scheme-and-how-does-it-work.html.

As it hasn't, it sounds like an issue. To get this checked, send a message to us via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry about this delay @Jessi247

If everything goes to plan, that voucher should be sent out around your supply start date. More info here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/refer-a-friend/do-you-have-a-refer-a-friend-scheme-and-how-does-it-work.html.

As it hasn't, it sounds like an issue. To get this checked, send a message to us via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
@Jessi247 hi, I had exactly the same problem. I was referred by a friend. We never recieved our voucher. I then referee my mum and only got the voucher (email link for amazon) after a lot of emailing OVO and phone calls. It took a long time and I was about to give up. The system should be made easier and more automatic.
I managed to get it sorted after all through Facebook messaging them. It was done romptly! 🙂
i applied to switch to OVO then got a message saying it had been cancelled. I called to query it and sorted it out and was told switch was back on. This was about 10th May. when I applied initially I used refer friend scheme and named my dad who is with you already. Now my supply is starting with Ovo on 29th but I am worried the refer friend thing isn’t still in place. I asked when I spoke to lady on the phone and said it was. But my dad received an email saying the switch hadn’t been successful. But the switch is still in progress!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @clparr2007

Usually you and the person you've been referred by will receive your vouchers in an email within 30 days of your supply start date.
This of course will be delayed, if we've had to push back your start date!

Not to worry though, we'll still be able to get this processed for you manually if you don't receive them within this time!

I've also popped your question to this topic here, you may find more helpful info about this subject!

Cheers ☺