Refer a Friend reward - tell me more

Userlevel 7

c0f6a380-869c-46b2-ab4b-7c2693c1aab3.png

***UPDATE 22/01/2020: Refer A Friend latest offer here***

Been referred by an OVO customer, or managed to get a friend to sign up via the Refer a Friend scheme? Happy with the gift cards on offer? We want to know what you think of it! Share your experience of our Refer a Friend scheme in the comments section, and if you would like to know more, check out this page. Rumour has it there’s an OVO customer whose friends have earnt them over £1000 in gift cards - what would you buy with that?

60 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi matt yes afriend refered me not sure if we both get a £25 or just my friend @Mattj3135
Userlevel 6

Our Refer a Friend scheme can’t be used if your friend signs up through uSwitich, @Andras, this is because uSwitch usually offer their own incentive to switch through them.

Userlevel 5
My friends got her account number, has paid her direct debit etc

When will we recieve our vouchers please?

It will be as soon as she has come on supply. What was her start date with OVO?

Lucy
Userlevel 6
@Darran_OVO I'm fully aware of the scheme and have earned neigh on £200 from referrals so far. I did have a problem with the last referral due to OVO waiting to restock vouchers. That said I did get it in the end.

Whilst it is a great scheme - OVO can't touch the welcome bribes offered by the big 6 (£165 cash back is the offer I keep getting waved in front of me) - I have a feeling those who do join OVO do for many reasons and not just the referral bonus.

Perhaps OVO could explore slightly more rewarding scheme to entice more customers?
Userlevel 6
Hi matt yes afriend refered me not sure if we both get a £25 or just my friend @Mattj3135

Glad you benefited from this great scheme - I'm pleased to say they will have received a voucher too 🆒
Userlevel 3
I joined ovo because the app looks fantastic but not got too use it yet 😪
Userlevel 6
Hi @geoffss - £50 refer a friend vouchers should still be available. It doesn't matter if it's just an electricity account or dual fuel.

Hope this helps!
Hi Lucy, it only gave me the 2 options, no worries i got the amazon one instead. Thank you

Hi there.

I’m trying to get my partners daughter onto Ovo using the link provided by the Refer A Friend page after I’ve logged in, but no matter what method I use, it keeps saying that the email address isn’t recognized. This is even when I use the link provided within the correct section after logging into my account.

Kind Regards
Liz Kerry.

Userlevel 6

It sounds like this is down to a known issue, @EKerry77!

As long as your partner's daughter signs up through our website or over the phone (0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm) with our team we’ll still be able to put the referral through. You’ll need to get in touch with the team via Facebook or Twitter as soon as she has come on supply with us, in your email you’ll need to confirm her name and email address and the agent can push the voucher through manually!

Last year I recommended a friend to OVO to benefit from the £30 reward off my bills. He is still waiting to hear from you as he is keen to join OVO but wants me to benefit from the introduction. Can you advise?
Userlevel 6
Last year I recommended a friend to OVO to benefit from the £30 reward off my bills. He is still waiting to hear from you as he is keen to join OVO but wants me to benefit from the introduction. Can you advise?

This isn't how our Refer A Friend scheme works, @Monika. We offer a £25 voucher for you and your friend who comes on supply with us. Take a read through this topic for more info.
A family member is moving into their first tenancy soon, and the contract states that gas and electric are supplied through Spark, which my research indicates is now part of OVO. Now they can change suppliers, through Spark, if they so wish. My question is, even though Spark is an OVO company the family member is not a customer of OVO, therefore they should be eligible for the refer a friend scheme. Please can some confirm that is the case. Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, Can you tell me please if this is available if someone use Uswitch comparison site and want to switch with them? If yes how can it be applied?

Userlevel 6
Hi @pvpension66,

Though OVO have acquired Spark, they'll continue to operate as a separate business. Customers on supply with Spark wouldn't be eligible for the OVO Refer a Friend scheme.

Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you Eva!

Regards,

Andras

Hi @pvpension66,

Though OVO have acquired Spark, they'll continue to operate as a separate business. Customers on supply with Spark wouldn't be eligible for the OVO Refer a Friend scheme.

Thanks

Even those who are presently not a customer of Spark or Ovo, and have never had a utility bill in their own name before? How is that fair compared to someone who buys their first house and therefor do not have to deal with Spark?
That error message would suggest that the email address that's been used is no longer with OVO @closch.

If your friend is still an OVO customer, I'd encourage her to send the team a message on Facebook or Twitter so they can look into this further and check what email address is registered on the account.

Lucy

Hi @Lucy_OVO - I've just tried using the link in a clean browser (As did a friend), and I got exactly the same error.

I'm an existing customer, and the email address in my profile is correct. The link has no email address info included in it, so it's unclear which email address is being referred to. Unless there's a hidden email address field somewhere that we're not seeing, I think there's an issue with the "Mention Me" system?
Userlevel 6
The tenants are free to choose who they'd like to be on supply with, @pvpension66. Customers on supply with OVO wouldn't be able to refer a friend to Boost or Spark or vice versa.
Userlevel 7
I've seen another example of this, @camassey - can you tell me if your MyOVO account looks different? I think this might be caused by an upgrade to the new smart meter experience, making the Refer a Friend system think the account is closed....
@Tim_OVO different to what or when? My dashboard (if that's what you mean by "account") doesn't seem to have significantly changed in the last year-&-a-bit, but I am on a smart meter.

I can be more specific if you have examples of what I should look for but, if it is the smart meter "experience", then what's my work-around?
Does the refer a friend scheme still exist? https://www.ovoenergy.com/refer

I filled in the form and got an email to pass on. But its (if clicked) link says the (£50) offer no longer exists.

And my new dashboard has no "Refer" capability I can find ...

Confused ... as ever.
I can help you with that @srl100 - just send me a PM with your full name and email address - and the full name and email address of the friend your referred.
Userlevel 7
There is a lack of comments on this which makes me wonder if a lot of customers are not aware of our refer a friend scheme?

What's not to like? You recommend OVO Energy to a friend, if they sign up, they get a voucher and so do you, it's that simple!

We'd love to know if any of you have referred a friend and how many? I wonder who's earned the most vouchers?

Perhaps some of our users could comment and share their experience of this great OVO benefit @JKNDT, @jules, @patricklavelli, @Maurice, @Mauro, @Kaz, @Kimmy28

Darran
and is it dual fuel only? Or single fuel too - daughter wants to move but Elec. only.

I appear to have 3 replies to last but no idea how to access them.

Oh and I rang OVO: £50 each deal still there providing you go through OVO and not comparison sites. Those of us on the new platform have to ring to register the referral and pass on the referee's email. Apparently it's cumbersome but 1. works, and 2. there's no alternative (I believe).