Refer a Friend reward - tell me more

Show first post

46 replies

Hi Lucy, it only gave me the 2 options, no worries i got the amazon one instead. Thank you
I have referred a few people , now there is a get out of get award (voucher)
How because we are now boost cutomer pmsl
I was one off new ovo customer s in my area
Well no more referrals from me:(
Userlevel 5
Badge
westsidelodge wrote:

I have referred a few people , now there is a get out of get award (voucher)
How because we are now boost cutomer pmsl
I was one off new ovo customer s in my area
Well no more referrals from me:(

Hey @westsidelodge - if you need help with the Refer A Friend scheme, you should be able to find the info you need on this thread!

Nancy
I referred a friend a while back... they have been connected but I've still not received my reward... who should I contact?
I can help you with that @srl100 - just send me a PM with your full name and email address - and the full name and email address of the friend your referred.
Just attempted to use a link sent and received following error. I watched my friend copy and paste the registered email address from the system, so not sure what's gone wrong.

Can you help???

"This offer is no longer available

Unfortunately the email address entered is not an OVO Energy registered email address.
Please check the address with your friend and try again."
closch wrote:

Just attempted to use a link sent and received following error. I watched my friend copy and paste the registered email address from the system, so not sure what's gone wrong.

Can you help???

Unfortunately the email address entered is not an OVO Energy registered email address.

@Nancy_OVO are you able to assist?
Hello,

I had already switched my account to OVO because a friend sent me a referral, but I didn't receive my referring card.

Can you please tell me by when should I receive?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @isabella juliano

In the further information section you should have seen this

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That error message would suggest that the email address that's been used is no longer with OVO @closch.

If your friend is still an OVO customer, I'd encourage her to send the team a message on Facebook or Twitter so they can look into this further and check what email address is registered on the account.

Lucy
Lucy_OVO wrote:

That error message would suggest that the email address that's been used is no longer with OVO @closch.

If your friend is still an OVO customer, I'd encourage her to send the team a message on Facebook or Twitter so they can look into this further and check what email address is registered on the account.

Lucy

Hi @Lucy_OVO - I've just tried using the link in a clean browser (As did a friend), and I got exactly the same error.

I'm an existing customer, and the email address in my profile is correct. The link has no email address info included in it, so it's unclear which email address is being referred to. Unless there's a hidden email address field somewhere that we're not seeing, I think there's an issue with the "Mention Me" system?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I've seen another example of this, @camassey - can you tell me if your MyOVO account looks different? I think this might be caused by an upgrade to the new smart meter experience, making the Refer a Friend system think the account is closed....
@Tim_OVO different to what or when? My dashboard (if that's what you mean by "account") doesn't seem to have significantly changed in the last year-&-a-bit, but I am on a smart meter.

I can be more specific if you have examples of what I should look for but, if it is the smart meter "experience", then what's my work-around?
Userlevel 3
Tim Is actually referring to your My OVO account, @camassey, but I think you're referring to your Mention-Me dashboard.

Have you registered to Mention-Me? You can do this here. As soon as you've done this you'll generate a link to send to your friends and family.

Let us know how you get on!
@Eva_OVO @Tim_OVO I think there's some confusion there. I've stepped through both of these flows, and they both end the same way (poorly).

I just tried the "register for mention-me" process that Eva suggested - it ended in the same fail. Screen recording here: https://cl.ly/78bf589ac84a.

As for the "normal" workflow from my account dashboard - screen recording here: https://cl.ly/74d2c20696cf :
  1. Log into Ovo
  2. Navigate to the "refer-a-friend" screen (I do note that there's a Mention-Me logo on that page, but nothing suggests I need to create a Mention-Me account)
  3. Copy the link that Ovo has generated and provided me with.
  4. Link fails.
  5. The failure screen explicitly states "Unfortunately the email address entered is not an OVO Energy registered email address.", which we now know to be false.
At worst, something to do with Ovo's technical integration with Mention-Me is broken, which is okay - it just needs to be acknowledge & fixed.

At best, the customer experience here is confusing - there is no indication anywhere that I need to create an account with Mention-Me. If I do have to do that, then it's still a really messy customer experience, and feels like it's explicitly designed to prevent customers from being awarded vouchers.

As a customer who has been wanting to refer Ovo to friends, I've gotta say that the fact that it's been made so hard to do so is making me less-&-less inclined.

Please tell me what I'm missing in either of these two processes, so that I can get it working.
@Eva_OVO @Tim_OVO To be clear - I'm not angry, I'm just frustrated. I know none of this is your fault, but I'm afraid this has caught me on a bad day. I don't mean to come across as snide.

However, I'm also wanting to be as thorough as possible to get this working, because it should work.
I'm getting the same problem, the referral link says:

Even though the email address is correct. And yes, I do have a smart meter and i do have the new customer portal.
@Eva_OVO @Tim_OVO folks? Any updates?
I was referred by a friend who is an existing customer but I forgot to enter their details in the application. Can you update my application please to reflect so we can recycle the refer a friend offer?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @camassey and @IanB022 - this is a known issue on some accounts unfortunately, and it has been raised to MentionMe. However, if your friend signs up anyway, we can issue you both with vouchers retroactively once the switch has been completed. As long as you can get in touch and provide their full name and email address, it won't matter that it didn't go through the referral link on your MyOVO account.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 5
Badge
@SGabriel - I've moved your post over here, more info on this above!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings