Refer a Friend reward - tell me more

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

***UPDATE: Refer A Friend vouchers have just increased to £75 - get referring!***

Been referred by an OVO customer, or managed to get a friend to sign up via the Refer a Friend scheme? Happy with the gift cards on offer? We want to know what you think of it! Share your experience of our Refer a Friend scheme in the comments section, and if you would like to know more, check out this page. Rumour has it there’s an OVO customer whose friends have earnt them over £1000 in gift cards - what would you buy with that?

55 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I've referred 4 people so far, they all seem happy and I've duly received a £25 voucher each time. The first couple were Amazon, and I spent them both on Cheese. Yes, cheese. In the post. Brilliant. You get a choice now, Amazon, Argos or Marks and Spencer. I made the decision to get the Marks voucher while actually In Marks & Spencer. The voucher popped up on my phone with a barcode, and I used it at the till, off of my phone.
(OK, in fact the barcode wouldn't scan from my phone but a Very nice manager helped the assistant type the code in, and Then it worked, but it still worked...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
There is a lack of comments on this which makes me wonder if a lot of customers are not aware of our refer a friend scheme?

What's not to like? You recommend OVO Energy to a friend, if they sign up, they get a voucher and so do you, it's that simple!

We'd love to know if any of you have referred a friend and how many? I wonder who's earned the most vouchers?

Perhaps some of our users could comment and share their experience of this great OVO benefit @JKNDT, @jules, @patricklavelli, @Maurice, @Mauro, @Kaz, @Kimmy28

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Darran_OVO I'm fully aware of the scheme and have earned neigh on £200 from referrals so far. I did have a problem with the last referral due to OVO waiting to restock vouchers. That said I did get it in the end.

Whilst it is a great scheme - OVO can't touch the welcome bribes offered by the big 6 (£165 cash back is the offer I keep getting waved in front of me) - I have a feeling those who do join OVO do for many reasons and not just the referral bonus.

Perhaps OVO could explore slightly more rewarding scheme to entice more customers?
Userlevel 3
I joined ovo because the app looks fantastic but not got too use it yet 😪
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I joined ovo because the app looks fantastic but not got too use it yet 😪

Did you get a refer a friend voucher?

Good to hear you like the app - let's hope it's all working for you by May 4th!
Userlevel 3
Hi matt yes afriend refered me not sure if we both get a £25 or just my friend @Mattj3135
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi matt yes afriend refered me not sure if we both get a £25 or just my friend @Mattj3135

Glad you benefited from this great scheme - I'm pleased to say they will have received a voucher too 🆒
Every time I try and refer anybody my referral email tells them that my email account is not registered with OVO
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Every time I try and refer anybody my referral email tells them that my email account is not registered with OVO

That’s frustrating to hear @mike01772. Have you double checked the email address that’s registered on your My OVO account?

Lucy
Email address is correct also the referral email can only be sent from inside my account. Frustrating !
I was recommended in June and receieved an email to say both my Mum (who referred me) and me would both receive an amazon voucher but to date nothing has come through. When will we recieve them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Email address is correct also the referral email can only be sent from inside my account. Frustrating !

Thanks for checking @mike01772,

Yes you can only share that referral link once you've logged in to My OVO. This is to ensure that only people on supply with OVO can share the link and get people to join up via the scheme. As for why there's that error message, I'll PM you now to get some details and check.

Same with you @Liz84 - I'll PM you now to check on that referral.

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi,

I have just had a friend sign up to OVO and will be receiving a £25.00 voucher which is okay but would prefer to have the money added to my OVO pay monthly account as a top up payment, is this possible?

Cheers, Del.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Moved your topic over here, @Delboy as other users might be thinking the same thing as you!

I’m afraid we wouldn’t be able to offer this, but you can still treat yourself to something lovely with the Refer a Friend voucher!

Lucy
Don't order an argos voucher ovo say they've sent it and its valid argos say it's not. Argos want proof ovo purchased it to validate it and you just go round in circles wasted an hour today chasing it and still no "reward" won't be recommending anyone else.
I've joined Ovo through refer a friend and have been with Ovo since the start of this month. Do we get to pick our gift cards?
My friends got her account number, has paid her direct debit etc

When will we recieve our vouchers please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
My friends got her account number, has paid her direct debit etc

When will we recieve our vouchers please?

It will be as soon as she has come on supply. What was her start date with OVO?

Lucy
15/11/2017 x
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
15/11/2017 x

Sounds like an issue, @Love2shop25

If she signed up directly with OVO, via the referral link you gave, you should both have your vouchers by now. Drop us a PM/DM on Facebook or Twitter with both names and email addresses and we'll see what the hold up us.

Thanks,
Tim
Can someone PM me to refer me into this? Cheers
Can someone PM me to refer me into this? Cheers

I’d be happy to Hun

Email me if you like or I can send you my link?

https://ovoenergy.mention-me.com/m/ol/kmi-emma-adamson-17
Hi, i switched to Ovo this week and i was referred by my in laws. They have received all 3 options for the vouchers but the email i recieved only shows 2, amazon and M&S. Typical as i want the argos one, will this update? Can i get the argos one?
Thank you
Becca
Hi, had my referral email sent through but it is only given me 2 options for vouchers. Has the argos one finished? Thank you
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
It hasn't changed, @Beccalou21. We still offer a choice of £25 M&S, Argos or Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards.

Lucy