Refer your friends to OVO and we'll treat you both to a £75 M&S, John Lewis or Amazon.co.uk Gift Card when they join. It's our way of saying thanks for spreading the word.
It works like this:
- Once you’re with us, log into My OVO and click on the Refer a Friend tab in the menu on your homepage.
- Choose how you’d like to share the offer with your friends.
- They sign up online.
- Once we start supplying your friend’s home, you’ll both get a Gift Card of your choice – the electronic kind, delivered straight to your inbox. This could take up to 30 days from the referred friend’s sign-up if there are no unexpected issues or delays.
How do I use my gift card?
M&S, John Lewis and Amazon.co.uk Gift Card are all slightly different. So pick a retailer below to see how and where you can spend your money.
Got an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card?
You can only spend this card online – you can’t use it in any shops or over the phone.
Here’s what to do:
- Go to Amazon.co.uk.
- Click on the ‘Enter your code’ button.
- Sign in to Amazon.co.uk – or set up a new account if you don’t have one already (it’s very quick and easy).
- Once you’ve signed in, go to the ‘Payment & GC’ section.
- Click on ‘Apply a Gift Card to your account’.
- Enter your claim code and click ‘Apply to your account’.
If your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card doesn’t cover the total balance of everything you’re buying, you just pay the rest using a debit or credit card. If you’ve signed up for ‘One-click’ shopping, it will automatically take the rest of the money from the debit or credit card you’ve already registered.
Got an M&S e-gift card?
To use your e-gift card in store, simply print it out and present it at the till – you don’t need your PIN.
To spend your e-gift card online, enter the 16-digit card number at the checkout, selecting the gift card option at payment. You will also need to enter your PIN.
Got a John Lewis Gift Card?
The John Lewis Partnership e-Giftcard can be used in John Lewis or Waitrose shops or online. The e-Giftcards will expire 24 months from purchase or last use.
I’ve referred someone. How do I know whether I’ll get a reward?
Mention Me (the company helping us run the Refer a Friend scheme) will tell you the good news by email. So look out for an email from email@example.com
You can also keep track of your referrals on your Refer a Friend dashboard in My OVO.
Why has my friend got their reward when I haven’t?
We send your reward by email, so have a look in your spam folder – it’s probably gone in there.
I referred a friend and they signed up. So why haven’t I heard from you?
To get a Refer a Friend reward, your friend must have signed up through our website. If they joined over the phone, then you’re not eligible for the reward.