Solved

Is my solar generation taken into account when calculating payments?

• 25 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Why Oh why can a company supplying energy not take into account a customers energy use over a whole year before sending out requests to raise standing order amounts. My solar panels mean that I am in debit over the winter quarters and then credit over the summer ones but when I question your telephone operatives I just get apologies and an excuse that it is ‘the system’. PV panels are new technology so keep up IVO and stop sending me demands when my energy use levels out over a year.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 27 September 2018, 17:20

Hey @S00geh,

I've edited your title to make it a bit more "searchable" for other users.

Your annual consumption figures are absolutely taken into account when reviewing your Direct Debit. If you're using energy generated by your solar panels in the summer, and not relying on electricity from the grid, your annual total will naturally be lower than a household of the same size using appliances in the same way. This will be reflected when we assess your payments.

Tweaks to your Direct Debits aim to get your account to a balance of £0 by the time your conteact ends. If you think there's been a mistake or its not reflective of your usage, we're happy to discuss this. Send the team on Facebook a message with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to investigate.

Cheers
View original

Why is your system of working out a customers energy use so inflexible and frankly out of date.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @S00geh,

I've edited your title to make it a bit more "searchable" for other users.

Your annual consumption figures are absolutely taken into account when reviewing your Direct Debit. If you're using energy generated by your solar panels in the summer, and not relying on electricity from the grid, your annual total will naturally be lower than a household of the same size using appliances in the same way. This will be reflected when we assess your payments.

Tweaks to your Direct Debits aim to get your account to a balance of £0 by the time your conteact ends. If you think there's been a mistake or its not reflective of your usage, we're happy to discuss this. Send the team on Facebook a message with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to investigate.

Cheers