Pinned Solved

I've referred a friend, how do I get my vouchers?

• 7 September 2017
  • 13 replies

I referred my daughter to OVO recently by sending her a referral email. She joined today but could not find any way to mention my referral and thus qualify us for the vouchers.

Is there something that I'm missing?
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 8 September 2017, 12:19

Hi @expresso

Great to hear you are making use of the refer a friend option and welcome to the forum! Don't forget you can refer as many people as you like, there is no limit!

So pleased to hear your daughter has signed up. You vouchers will automatically be emailed to you as soon as your daughter comes on supply, usually 3-4 weeks after she's signed up so don't panic! You don't need to lift a finger :)

Hope this helps.

@bec418

Darran
View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @expresso

Great to hear you are making use of the refer a friend option and welcome to the forum! Don't forget you can refer as many people as you like, there is no limit!

So pleased to hear your daughter has signed up. You vouchers will automatically be emailed to you as soon as your daughter comes on supply, usually 3-4 weeks after she's signed up so don't panic! You don't need to lift a finger :)

Hope this helps.

@bec418

Darran
Hi Darran,

I was slightly concerned as I couldn't figure how you'd reference the two accounts, particularly when I found out that it was her friend that actually setup the account; they're living together in a shared student let. I've subsequently sent an invite to her friend in the hope that it will all come together when the account goes live.

Neil
Sorry to hijack the thread but I referred a friend well over 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing back about the vouchers...
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @expresso

In thay case we might need to do some digging on this one as its triggered by the email address you referred. Can you PM us with your email address, full name, address and DoB and we will have a look inro this.

Thanks

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sorry to hijack the thread but I referred a friend well over 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing back about the vouchers...

Hi @Love2shop25

Welcome to the forum!!

It may be the person you referred has not yet come on supply. In some cases it can take a bit longer so can you check with the person you referred to see if they have come on supply yet?

If they have then its also worth checking your junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there.

Darran
Hi, i signed up to Ovo following a referal from a friend where we were both due to get amazon/John Lewis vouchers, he has received his vouchers on 13feb but i still havent had mine, is this normal? I dont like to email for help as i think it will lose my self service bonus. Any thoughts? Thankyou.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @bec418 - have you checked your spam/junk? If it's definitely not there, drop the team on FB a message with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers
I have been referred by a friend who has been a customer for 4 Years and the message below keeps appearing.

This offer is no longer available
Unfortunately the email address entered is not an OVO Energy registered email address.
Please check the address with your friend and try again."

We have both tried to enter the details that her account is registered with no luck but the above message.

Is there an issue with the site??
Userlevel 5
That's a strange one, @Mitch1612, I'm probably going to ask the most obvious question - but have you got your friends email address right?

There may be an issue with the website, but nothing has been reported so it may be a one off.

Send us a message on https://m.me/ovoenergy or Twitter so we can help with this. If you don't use social media send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you've managed to resolve this let us know how! 🙂
Anyone got any updates on how to persuade Ovo or their partner company to pay out on the refer a friend scheme please?

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @thehappyrunner, I've moved you post to this topic, it will offer some insight.

If you haven't done so already please reach out to our team.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2

I have referred a friend some time ago,but as yet heard nothing,what is the position please.Derek Higgs.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Derek Higgs, check your “spam” and “junk” folders it may have filtered into there. If its not there please reach out to our team. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063. 

Thanks!