Solved

V2G Charger Stopped Working - Reset RCD and now no mains power at all!

• 21 October 2019
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I looked at the CT Clamp and the label on it which says 'this side points towards mains supply' was pointing towards the meter!

So, removed it, and refitted with label pointing down towards mains fuse and bingo, app immediately shows ‘exporting at 3.4kW’ and app also says 2/3kWh exported.

So I'm guessing that it was exporting all along but that the CT Clamp being reversed caused the app to show ‘charging’ when the V2G was in fact exporting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Aaagh! Well spotted @DarrenG !

I hope Kaluza’s engineers pick up what you’ve just reported. It’s surely the sort of mistake which could be picked up at installation time if their test sequence included it. Let me just tag @Darran_OVO here so he can give them a nudge.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Kaluza replied to my email about the same time as this to say the unit was now commissioned and export was working so it’s entirely possible that the CT Clamp issue was coincidental.

But it is working now - hoorah!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Great to hear, @DarrenG! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! 

Userlevel 5

Morning @Transparent,  and a Happy New Year to you. Sorry to hijack this post but whilst you’re on perhaps you can answer a query for me.

I’m having problems with the V2G charger in my garage. It constantly drops out (Red Square flashing and the app saying failure and to contact provider if continues...I’m now in the position where I’m sick of telling them and so I’m just waiting for the firmware update when it comes….

However as a long shot my V2G charger was operating OK about half an hour ago and whilst I looked out a district nurse visiting a neighbour has just parked on the footpath outside my house directly over the point where the electric and internet cables come into the house. This may sound like a long shot but is it possible for an electric field over the cable to be created by the metal car passing over it? I know my pan doesn’t have to be in contact with the induction hob to work. Is it possible that, given the fact the electricity is flowing in an opposite direction to everyone else’s this could be what’s causing the V2G charger to trip out. Could the car be creating an induction field similar to the induction hob or how they charge EVs by induction and this is effecting it? My next course of action is to catch her when she comes out and repeat the manoeuvre to see if the unit trips out again?

Leo

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Leo Moran.

May I de-hijack your Post and ask a Moderator ( @Eva_OVO ?)  to relocate this issue to a different/relevant Topic…. possibly here?

If MPs and HMG are to be involved, then we need to keep this Topic only for matters concerning regulations, as opposed to faults.

Thanks.