Solved

OVO Smart Charger stopped working - can you replace?

• 4 December 2019
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 1

Had another email from kaluza and they are still refusing to send an engineer to fix/replace the unit....

@Tim_OVO @Nancy_OVO can you have a word with whoever this customer service person is as they clearly don't understand how to fix the problem!

Userlevel 1

Update - phoned chargedev directly and they were able to send an engineer out today.

engineer was really good and swapped the unit out with a replacement in under an hour and all looks to be working fine again!

However still really disappointed with the kaluza attitude and that it has taken so long to replace the faulty unit. Especially if I didn't phone chargedev directly I would still have kaluza adamant that the unit was working fine...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those of us Interested Observers who aren’t actually Trial participants, can you please explain who are ChargeDev and what is their relationship to OVO/Kaluza?

Userlevel 1

For those of us Interested Observers who aren’t actually Trial participants, can you please explain who are ChargeDev and what is their relationship to OVO/Kaluza?

Kaluza is the online platform for EVs and a subsidiary of OVO specifically for EVs.

Chargedev is again a subsidiary of OVO but they do all of the fitting and installations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @rajan. So I’ve just checked out ChargedEV on Companies House and found that it’s a trading name of Hybrid Energy Solutions Ltd (Company No: 09666725). It is a company started in 2015 with a background of charger installations in England.

Confusingly there is another company actually called ChargedEV Ltd, but it’s dormant (non-trading) and does not own the domain name ChargedEV.co.uk

Hybrid Energy Solutions was acquired by OVO in August 2017 in that from then it had OVO Directors forming the majority of its Board.

Technically, Hybrid Energy Solutions is a subsiduary of a parent company called Imagination Industries Ltd, which used to be called OVO Group Ltd.

Just yesterday, 8th Jan 2020, Hybrid Energy Solutions Ltd became majority controlled by Intelligent Energy Technology Services Ltd, who have now taken 75% of its shares. Intelligent Energy Technology Services is yet another OVO Company with its registered address in Bristol.

This is all very interesting. It shows Stephen Fitzpatrick and his colleagues are making a number of strategic acquisitions which place the OVO Group in a position to deliver the technology which Kaluza and Indra are developing.

@Tim_OVO is there an official chart showing these inter-company relationships?

… or is this all news to you too?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Glad to hear it’s sorted @rajan - we were speaking to our V2G team within OVO about your issue and were advised that this was outstanding to be sorted with you directly. Glad that a reinstall of the charger did the trick! Not an ideal experience for you though, these last few months!

@Transparent I haven’t been made aware of this latest commercial change, but we have weekly group updates and a monthly all hands meeting where I’m sure this will be outlined to all us staff. Maybe the odd superuser might get a copy of anything we see…..