Solved

Ovo EV Everywhere possible without the add-ons?

• 27 June 2019
  • 9 replies

EV Car arrives tomorrow. I have smart meter. OVO EV Everywhere looks interesting but I already have the charger and two year Polar charge car already.
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 28 June 2019, 08:22

@Hilary Munro exciting news re your new EV!! What model did you go for??

With the EV Everywhere plan, it doesn't matter if you are already a polar plus member. When you sign up, you can simply get in touch with Polar and swap your plan with them to the free one you get with OVO. Super simple. 🙂

That means you'll save around £170 over the 2 year contract with us. Not bad hey!

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your new EV. Is it your first?

Darran
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Hilary Munro exciting news re your new EV!! What model did you go for??

With the EV Everywhere plan, it doesn't matter if you are already a polar plus member. When you sign up, you can simply get in touch with Polar and swap your plan with them to the free one you get with OVO. Super simple. 🙂

That means you'll save around £170 over the 2 year contract with us. Not bad hey!

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your new EV. Is it your first?

Darran
Yes, our first, we've waited until one came available with enough range (and cheaper than Tesla) as we live in Scotland but our kids are in the London area.

We had our eye on another VW but it's not going to come on stream in the UK until next year.

We're picking it up today –– Firenze Red Jaguar iPace
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Oooo very nice indeed!! the iPace is a great looking car, and it sounds like you'll be doing a fair few miles in it so will be able to properly test it out against a petrol or diesel!

@Leo Moran and @aaronr both did very long journeys following the VIP day we ran at our Bristol HQ recently, so shows EV motoring is not that difficult at all despite some peoples reservations!

We'd love to hear what you think of your new car, it would be great if you could do a write up for us here once you've had a chance to properly test it out. Don't think we have any EV owners on here with an iPace!

I know @ITGeek123 would love to hear about your experience too!

Darran
Will do (comment back), and I'll check out the 'free' two-year charge car that's part of the package. I don't see how we swop a 'free' deal and save money, but presumably it will become clear.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Will do (comment back), and I'll check out the 'free' two-year charge car that's part of the package. I don't see how we swop a 'free' deal and save money, but presumably it will become clear.

Usually if you have a polar plus card, you pay a monthly subscription, so by signing up to EV Everywhere and taking Polar Plus membership, you can swap your membership onto the free 2 year subscription, saving yourself the monthly payments, hence the £170 approx saving (depending on the subscription amount you currently pay).

Not sure if you already have this for free? Did a subscription come with your charger??

And great re posting about your new EV. Make sure you include a picture of your iPace, love to see it in the flesh! 🙂

Darran
Userlevel 4
Some photos of our charging on the journey. 3 charges together and no problems

Userlevel 4

Userlevel 4

Userlevel 4
Mine's the black one....