Solved

New to OVO - where do I find EV Everywhere tariff info for Economy 7?

I have just signed up to the EV Anywhere tariff. When I contacted Ovo to get my BG Smart Meter swapped for an Ovo Smart Meter (happening this Friday), I was told that the EV anywhere tariff also uses Economy 7 - and my new over smart meter will be Economy 7.

What I cannot find out (I can't find it anywhere on the website or my contract documents etc) is the Economy 7 rate and some assurance that the standard rate wont be adjusted upwards to compensate.

Can someone let me know please?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 12 October 2017, 18:27

comeonyouchels wrote:

I have just signed up to the EV Anywhere tariff. When I contacted Ovo to get my BG Smart Meter swapped for an Ovo Smart Meter (happening this Friday), I was told that the EV anywhere tariff also uses Economy 7 - and my new over smart meter will be Economy 7.

What I cannot find out (I can't find it anywhere on the website or my contract documents etc) is the Economy 7 rate and some assurance that the standard rate wont be adjusted upwards to compensate.

The rates that you’re paying will be outlined in your welcome letter or, you’ll be able to view them on your My OVO account. :)

Lucy

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
comeonyouchels wrote:

The rates that you’re paying will be outlined in your welcome letter or, you’ll be able to view them on your My OVO account. :)

Lucy
Userlevel 2
Badge
Is Economy 7 a requirement of switching to EV Anywhere? It would not work for us.

TBH, we'd just like the free Polar membership, although we'd rarely use it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
andyfras wrote:

Is Economy 7 a requirement of switching to EV Anywhere? It would not work for us.

TBH, we'd just like the free Polar membership, although we'd rarely use it.

It's not a requirement to have Economy 7, @andyfras - this is just an added benefit if you want to charge your EV at home during the night.

More info on EV Everywhere here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ev-everywhere

Tim
I think it's a marketing own goal or if you are more cynical a marketing vapourware push as the electric car tarriff Ovo has created cannot be accessed on economy 7 whilst most electric car users will be much better off on economy 7 and therefore are on it. Thoughts? Have raised it with ovo twice btw but no real response.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
E car London user wrote:

I think it's a marketing own goal or if you are more cynical a marketing vapourware push as the electric car tarriff Ovo has created cannot be accessed on economy 7 whilst most electric car users will be much better off on economy 7 and therefore are on it. Thoughts? Have raised it with ovo twice btw but no real response.

Hey E car London user,

I’ve moved your topic onto this thread as this is question has been raised on here.

Good news - If you’re an economy 7 customer, you can sign up to our EV Everywhere tariff. :)

Lucy
Hi
I'm interested in switching to the EV Everywhere tariff having just got an EV but I need to understand the different rates involved in the economy 7 package. I can adjust things like car charging, washing machine etc to run overnight but with a family we are still going to be using plenty of juice at peak time. I therefore need to get an idea of the cost at peak and the cost overnight to work out if this is going to be a good or bad option for me. Could someone let me know please?

Thanks
Glad to hear that I can move and shame no one from Ovo responded previously to my ask of telling me when it was allowed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
StableGenius wrote:

I need to get an idea of the cost at peak and the cost overnight to work out if this is going to be a good or bad option for me. Could someone let me know please?

@StableGenius you can confirm the Economy 7 two rate prices online here: http://ovoener.gy/Quote. Go for 'Refine your quote' to select Economy 7, and look at the Two Year Fixed tariff so see these prices.

I'd also recommend looking at your usage habits. If you use 40% of your usage during the off peak periods, an Economy 7 tariff will be beneficial. 35% or less and you'll be paying more then with a single rate tariff. Either way EV Everywhere is still an option worth consideration: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ev-everywhere?utm_expid=.Dl-UTxUwSZagAA3P3ADxhA.0&utm_referrer=.

Tim
Userlevel 2
Badge
If you are an existing customer, I don’t think the quote page can be customised to show economy 7 if you are on a single tariff. A workaround is to select an address of a neighbour who isn’t with OVO.

The quote will only provide the rates if you are starting a new contract, which you would be with EV Everywhere. If you are switching to Economy 7 but not starting a new contract, the relevant prices would be those applicable when your contract started - you would need to contact OVO for these.
Userlevel 1
Hi, I am currently not a customer of yours but am switching very soon. I am about to purchase an electric car. Can I, once, signed up, change to an Economy 7 or even Economy 10 tariff / meter to charge the vehicle overnight? Also, when do you anticipate introducing specific tariffs for electric vehicles. (Presumably using 1/2 hours charging blocks on the smart meter).
Userlevel 4
Badge
ledborough wrote:

Hi, I am currently not a customer of yours but am switching very soon. I am about to purchase an electric car. Can I, once, signed up, change to an Economy 7 or even Economy 10 tariff / meter to charge the vehicle overnight? Also, when do you anticipate introducing specific tariffs for electric vehicles. (Presumably using 1/2 hours charging blocks on the smart meter).

Hey @ledborough,

I've moved your post over to this topic where users are discussing the same thing.

You should be able to sign up to the EV tariff and select that you have an economy 7 meter during the signup proccess, which ill give you a peak rate and an off-peak rate.

Cheers,
Nancy
Userlevel 2
Badge
ledborough wrote:

You won't regret buying an electric car. I've had mine for about a month and love it. To charge overnight you will need a timer - some cars, such as the Nissan Leaf have a built in timer, but others may not. Otherwise you will need to fit a charge point with a timer. You can fully charge a Leaf 24 with a 3.3 kW charger within the 7 hours of cheap rate, but a larger battery would require a 6.6kW charger to get a full charge.
Userlevel 1
Most if not all EV;s have the ability to set charging times.
As the demand in the early hours is less than peak daytime why don't Ovo offer a cheaper rate for off peak usage and encourage EV owners to charge their cars overnight at off peak times
Userlevel 1
Couldn’t agree more. With a smart meter Ovo know exactly when we are consuming Energy. As EV cars become more numerous, incentivising owners to charge at night is going to become essential. While there only a few of us Ovo should take this opportunity to get ahead of the game by creating a lower night rate for electricity usage.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @ddicom @WAH64 I've moved your queries over to an existing topic on this. Check out the comments above for more info! ^Emily

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close