Solved

EVs in Scotland and OVO EV Everywhere Plan

• 18 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I have just bought a EV, and discovered the EV Everywhere option when I got my renewal notice and spike to a very helpful person in OVO. I’m hesitating to sign up since the public charging points in Scotland are currently free to use and I have never heard of Polar Plus so I suspect it doesn’t apply here. Therefore that element of the plan is of no benefit. Is this correct? Can OVO confirm? And if this is correct, does this mean that I am paying more per month for a standard two year 100% green energy deal with no additional benefit?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 19 January 2018, 17:41

I have just bought a EV, and discovered the EV Everywhere option when I got my renewal notice and spike to a very helpful person in OVO. I’m hesitating to sign up since the public charging points in Scotland are currently free to use and I have never heard of Polar Plus so I suspect it doesn’t apply here. Therefore that element of the plan is of no benefit. Is this correct? Can OVO confirm? And if this is correct, does this mean that I am paying more per month for a standard two year 100% green energy deal with no additional benefit?

Hi @Fifer

The unit rates and standing charges on the EV everywhere tariff are the same as the 2 Year plan, so you wouldn't be paying any more!

The advantages of the EV Tariff are that you get the 2 year Polar Plus membership included, and you get 100% green electricity from renewable sources (on the 2 Year plan this is 33%).

Comment any more questions!

Nancy
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Fifer

The unit rates and standing charges on the EV everywhere tariff are the same as the 2 Year plan, so you wouldn't be paying any more!

The advantages of the EV Tariff are that you get the 2 year Polar Plus membership included, and you get 100% green electricity from renewable sources (on the 2 Year plan this is 33%).

Comment any more questions!

Nancy
Thank you Nancy. However, there are very few Polar Plus sites in Scotland, mostly in the west. I have been unable to find any in Fife. Thus this membership will be of limited or no use to me unless it can be used in other charged for points. Are you aware if it is transferrable to other sites? I believe that my current OVO plan gives me 100% renewable electricity which I really appreciate.
Best wishes
Fifer
Unfortunately not, @Fifer - as we only have a contract with Polar Plus you'd only be able to use their charge points.

Thanks,
Emma