EV Everywhere - what’s it all about?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You may have seen that we’ve posted a few topics about Electric Vehicles recently (like this) and we’ve got an exciting new venture to tell you about:

For new customers and existing customers, we’re going to be offering a brand new bundle - EV Everywhere. So what’s included?

- It’s a 2 year fixed bundle which will give you Green Energy (100% renewable electricity) for FREE!
- You’ll get a 2 year free membership to Polar Plus (charging network) who have over 5,000 charging points across the country, so you’ll have plenty of options for recharging.

The only catch? You’ll need to have an Electric Vehicle to be able to benefit from this tariff and its available to both single rate and Eco7 customers!

If you are an existing customer you can switch onto EV Everywhere anytime, just get in touch with our Care team.

So what do you guys think? How many of you will be signing up for this? Feel free to post your questions about the bundle or EV’s below or check out this link for more information.

42 replies

Badge

It is very good that our world is changing. because the energy of the sun does not pollute the environment. 

By the way, I found an article facts about solar energy https://websolarguide.com/facts-about-solar-energy/

Badge

It is very good that our world is changing. because the energy of the sun does not pollute the environment. 

Userlevel 5

On the EV tariff, I checked the https://www.ovoenergy.com/ev-everywhere page you suggested but cannot find details on the tariff.  I am trying to compare my current tariff with the EV Everywhere one so would like to see each so I can make an informed choice.

You’ll need to click on “get a quote@PoinDexter, then enter your address details, you’ll then be taken to our EV Everywhere tariff. Click on Electricity & Gas unit rates to see the charge and prices.

Hello @Amy_OVO many thanks for the swift response. I will email the team about the different displays.  On the EV tariff, I checked the https://www.ovoenergy.com/ev-everywhere page you suggested but cannot find details on the tariff.  I am trying to compare my current tariff with the EV Everywhere one so would like to see each so I can make an informed choice.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Welcome to the forum, @PoinDexter, I’ve popped your post here, the above thread covers most things EV. 

You can get all the rate info your need for the EV everywhere tariff here.

The rates should match, so it is odd to hear that they are being displayed differently, please get in touch with our team so that we can take a look into this. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks! 

I am in the process of getting an electric vehicle so thought I’d look into the EV Everywhere plan but cannot find the plan details.  I also have the OVO Beyond bundle so 100% renewable electricity.

The information I get from the “Your Unit Rates” drop down on the page https://paym.ovoenergy.com/upgrade-eve are different from those on the “My Plan” section of the My Profile page https://paym.ovoenergy.com/my-profile#plan 

So a few of questions:

Where can I find the rate information for EV Everywhere?

Why is there a difference between the information on My Plan and Your Unit Rates?

What is the cost of EV Everywhere?  Are there a daytime and nighttime rates?

I’m a bit confused whether to change or not.

Thanks in advance for your help

Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @Heliophile, I've moved you post here as you'll find all things EV, please check out @Tim_OVO's article at the top of the thread.

You have to have a smart meter to be able to take advantage of the EV Everywhere tariff.

I hope this helps.
The website says “To take full advantage of the OVO Smart Charger you will need a compatible Smart Meter installed”. So can I opt not to have a smart meter? What functionality will I lose, other than the ability to have economy 7?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Kayanne moved your post over here as Tim's topic above confirm what you need to know!!

Out of interest what EV did you buy? We love hearing about our customers new EV's and why they chose them. Check out the Owning an EV area to read about our other EV owners experiences!

If you'd like to share your story in that area, go for it. We'd love to hear about it as I'm sure our other users would.

Darran
I am an existing customer. Can I change to Ev everywhere?
Thanks
Thanks for the link, @Bradley_OVO. It certainly helps to understand the history. I remain perplexed about the sharp increase in the standing charge for a 2-year package compared with the one-year Better Energy plan.
Like @D600 I have an installed charger and skeptical of any benefit of changing it for one controlled over the internet.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hopefully I can help you with this @bones ,

There's been a bit of an update on this package since @Tim_OVO popped it up back in August 2017!

Here's a link to the more up to date EV Everywhere package as this is a tad out of date now. You'll find all the info you need there.

Hope this helps!
I am perplexed by this offer. We are currently using Polar and pay very little above the monthly charge (7.85 GBP). We're on the Better Energy Fixed plan but due to renew soon. The EV package is 11.5% more for power used and 40% more for the standing charge, and is the same rate as the 2-year fixed offer. I am struggling to see the benefit of changing. Can you help?
Badge
I’ve just bought an EV and was looking forward with some excitement to signing up to the EV Everywhere bundle but OVO changed to rules.

My current unit price is 13.72p for electric and 3.09p for gas on a fixed rate until Sept 2019. When I spoke to OVO last year I was told I would be able to switch to EV package based on current unit prices. When I rang yesterday to make the switch, Mo was certain there would be no change I pricing. In fact, he was certain that change would be minimal. However he was unable to action and put me on hold. When he came back to me, he apologised and said marketing had amended the package and I would be required to pay the new prices - 15.84 for electric and 3.59 for gas. Mo even said he would query this with his supervisor as seems to be unfair on existing customers.

I would have been happy to pay to switch to 100% green for £8 per month but it seems OVO don’t want to look after their existing customers.

I really love OVO and have mentioned them to countless people but I feel really disappointed that they no longer seem to want to support their customers switching to EV’s and 100% green. In fact, they will penalise them if they do so!

What do others think? Why is my unit price increasing by over 2p per unit and why the increase in gas at all? I know prices will inevitably rise, but a real shame that my product can’t be switched on existing prices for the remainder of the 2 year product.

What do other forum members think? And OVO, any response?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @ellisbirt

It's big news isn't it!

As far as we are aware right now, it has no effect on this tariff or our relationship with Polar Plus! If that changes at all in the future, we will make sure we provide an update to keep you guys posted.

Darran
Userlevel 2
Hi,
How will the acquisition of Chargemaster, the owners of the polar network, by BP affect this tie-up?

Ellis
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi. So i am just searching for sone information at the moment.

I am interested in the ev everywhere bundle. However i am not sure if i qualify. I myself as the bill payer do not own an electric or low emisions vehicle. However my son who lives in this property does have a full ev. Will i still be eligible for this bundle as there is an ev at this address?

Hey @GreenElec60, I've moved your post over to this topic where you should be able to get the answers you need!

Nancy
Hi. So i am just searching for sone information at the moment.

I am interested in the ev everywhere bundle. However i am not sure if i qualify. I myself as the bill payer do not own an electric or low emisions vehicle. However my son who lives in this property does have a full ev. Will i still be eligible for this bundle as there is an ev at this address?
I agree with what stateofit says here -

I think the EV Everywhere tariff is kinda built on the regular 2 fear fixed, with the 33% renewable. OVO make up the rest of the cost to the Greener deal, so you are getting 100% Green for the price of 33%, the Extra Green is Free...

plus the free mobile charging etc

- we're going to be switching to the EV everywhere tariff from the 12 month fixed 'greener energy' (100% renewable electricity). Looking at the details of the tariff the standing charge per day is fractionally more (though I expect it's the same as ours would go up to when the contract renews in Feb) but the price per KWh is slightly less. Whether we would use the POLAR charging or not I don't know, but our thinking is that we might as well take the opportunity to fix the reasonable rates for the next 24 months, and the electricity is 100% renewable which is important to us in terms of feeling like we're 'doing our bit', and if we do end up using the POLAR network, then that's a bonus! 😊
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I've just signed up for EV everywhere, however when I log on to my account to see the details it says I have signed up for 33% renewable energy. The adverts and the confirmation e-mail I got all say it is supposed to be 100% green energy. Can you confirm which is true? ( I will be cancelling if it is only 33% as I was looking to switch to 100% renewable energy ).

As the user above has mentioned, the e-mail says 'charge at home with free 100% green electricity'. As it obviously isn't 'free', how about changing the wording?
Thanks

I think the EV Everywhere tariff is kinda built on the regular 2 year fixed, with the 33% renewable. OVO make up the rest of the cost to the Greener deal, so you are getting 100% Green for the price of 33%, the Extra Green is Free...

plus the free mobile charging membership etc
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
just to add in, if you live in wales polar is pretty much the only public charging I've seen, so far part from NCP carparks I haven't seen one that charges you as long as you have the subscription
Just wanted to point out that the EV everywhere tariff gives "free access" to the POLAR charge points, but you do still have to pay to use many of them. Think of it as a membership to the network (which is what usually costs the money that the promo material for the tariff advertises). Also worth checking on the POLAR map where charge points are near you, of the type that you need - eg 3pin plugs, and whether they are physically located in a car park - potentially you would have access to the network, but have to pay to park in the car park and pay to actually charge. Might still work out as a good deal, but worth doing the research first!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
are the rates for economy 7 posted for this tariff?

have already signed up for EV everywhere, just curious if E7 is worth it as well, can it be changed just after entering a contract?
as a PHEV driver constantly thwarted by lack of decent charging points you can sign me up!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Have a lease PHEV am I eligible for the EV everywhere tariff

Hey HRM - I’ve moved your topic over to our EV topic.

I’m afraid not. You’ll need to own the electric vehicle in order to sign up to the EV Everywhere tariff. This may change at a later date so keep your eyes peeled for any updates!

Lucy