EV Everywhere - what’s it all about?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You may have seen that we’ve posted a few topics about Electric Vehicles recently (like this) and we’ve got an exciting new venture to tell you about:

For new customers and existing customers, we’re going to be offering a brand new bundle - EV Everywhere. So what’s included?

- It’s a 2 year fixed bundle which will give you Green Energy (100% renewable electricity) for FREE!
- You’ll get a 2 year free membership to Polar Plus (charging network) who have over 5,000 charging points across the country, so you’ll have plenty of options for recharging.

The only catch? You’ll need to have an Electric Vehicle to be able to benefit from this tariff and its available to both single rate and Eco7 customers!

If you are an existing customer you can switch onto EV Everywhere anytime, just get in touch with our Care team.

So what do you guys think? How many of you will be signing up for this? Feel free to post your questions about the bundle or EV’s below or check out this link for more information.

36 replies

It's certainly got me thinking about electric vehicles! I've seen a lot more in Bristol recently and I think this would encourage me to look into getting one - especially with the 2 year free membership to Polar Plus on offer.

What about you guys?

@Emma_G @Emma_OVO @Aadil @Mattj3135 @Smiter
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'd get one tomorrow if the price was right. Also I think we need to move away from fossil fuel more before we blitz the road with electricity hungry cars as it'll just move the emissions from the road to the power station

Ps @Emily_OVO what is polar plus?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Aadil, check out the link to our website in the post above, it mentions Polar plus so hopefully that explains it for you!

Not sure if @Fred Rick has seen this yet!!

Darran
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
@Aadil, check out the link to our website in the post above, it mentions Polar plus so hopefully that explains it for you!

Not sure if @Fred Rick has seen this yet!!

Darran
no

Now that's more tempting
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Ovoid I noticed you are a new EV owner, have you heard about our new tariff? Definitely one to look out for when you come round to renewing :)

There's also a great conversation going on over here with other EV owners so feel free to get involved and share your experiences with your new EV!

Darran
Userlevel 3
Badge
Having a tariff specifically tailored to the requirements of EV users is a grat idea. It can create a win, win.

I look foward to the day when some charging companies are merged , the infrastructure expanded, only the best charging technology used and fewer payment methods and pricing schemes employed.

Perhaps OVO as a superb innovative new entrant supplier may be well placed to lead the build of a UK wide charging network. That could be achieved by looking at what is currently available, its strengths and weaknesses and forming alliances and collablerations that met the rapidly growing need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Even better news is that this tariff is now available to customers on Eco7 so you can make even greater savings when charging your vehicle at home!

Darran
Hi, I'm planning to buy an EV soon and I came across your EV Everywhere scheme, but I don't understand how it works.
You say that I can charge my car "for free" at night at home. Is it really "for free"? I mean, do I need to pay only my usual dual fuel consumption in my house and really nothing for charging my car? Independently of how many kwh I put in the car?
How can OVO manage to sustain such a scheme?
Could you explain it a bit more in detail?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi, I'm planning to buy an EV soon and I came across your EV Everywhere scheme, but I don't understand how it works.
You say that I can charge my car "for free" at night at home. Is it really "for free"? I mean, do I need to pay only my usual dual fuel consumption in my house and really nothing for charging my car? Independently of how many kwh I put in the car?
How can OVO manage to sustain such a scheme?
Could you explain it a bit more in detail?

Thanks

Hey fedeABD,

Our EV Everywhere bundle includes a free POLAR plus membership. It won’t be free to charge your car at home at night but it will be free to charge your car at any of the POLAR plus points around the UK. For more information, check out this link: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ev-everywhere.

Hope this helps,
Lucy
I've just signed up for EV everywhere, however when I log on to my account to see the details it says I have signed up for 33% renewable energy. The adverts and the confirmation e-mail I got all say it is supposed to be 100% green energy. Can you confirm which is true? ( I will be cancelling if it is only 33% as I was looking to switch to 100% renewable energy ).

As the user above has mentioned, the e-mail says 'charge at home with free 100% green electricity'. As it obviously isn't 'free', how about changing the wording?

Thanks
agree totally, clarity required, I've also just signed up and noticed the same as yourself.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I've just signed up for EV everywhere, however when I log on to my account to see the details it says I have signed up for 33% renewable energy. The adverts and the confirmation e-mail I got all say it is supposed to be 100% green energy. Can you confirm which is true? ( I will be cancelling if it is only 33% as I was looking to switch to 100% renewable energy ).

As the user above has mentioned, the e-mail says 'charge at home with free 100% green electricity'. As it obviously isn't 'free', how about changing the wording?

Thanks

Hey zyy333,

To my knowledge, it should be 100% renewable. I’ve just responded to your most recent private message about this. Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this!

@icucjamie- can you send me a private message with your details to so that I’m able to help?

Thanks,
Lucy
For the benefit of anyone else who signed up via the EV Everywhere link but the account generated appeared to be a standard 2 year fixed account .... it turns out that's because it was the standard 2 year fixed!

I was told the options I had were either to keep the account and get switched over to EV Everywhere in a number of weeks (when existing customers would have the opportunity) or phone up customer services to get this account cancelled and re-opened properly.

I've chosen the third option of cancelling the switch and going elsewhere.
I've got a Renault Zoe on order - it should arrive in about a month. I've just been filling in the OLEV grant documents to get a charging point fitted and realised I ought to at least think about tariffs. EV Everywhere is very interesting, particularly because of Polar Plus membership but I'd also like to find out how it relates to Eco7.

I've been with Ovo for some years now and have only just started a new contract. Hopefully you'll let me swap tariffs mid-year without too big a penalty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
*Update - existing Pay monthly customers can now upgrade to the EV Everywhere tariff! Just send myself or @Lucy_OVO a PM with your account number, name and DoB to get this done!

Make your car (and money) go further. 🆒
Have a lease PHEV am I eligible for the EV everywhere tariff
Hello,

I am an existing OVO customer and my fixed plan (Better Energy all online) doesn't end until January 2018. So if I switch to the new EV Everywhere rate now (rather than wait till January) will I get charged the exit fees for Gas and electricity?
Thanks
Teri
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Have a lease PHEV am I eligible for the EV everywhere tariff

Hey HRM - I’ve moved your topic over to our EV topic.

I’m afraid not. You’ll need to own the electric vehicle in order to sign up to the EV Everywhere tariff. This may change at a later date so keep your eyes peeled for any updates!

Lucy
as a PHEV driver constantly thwarted by lack of decent charging points you can sign me up!!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
are the rates for economy 7 posted for this tariff?

have already signed up for EV everywhere, just curious if E7 is worth it as well, can it be changed just after entering a contract?
Just wanted to point out that the EV everywhere tariff gives "free access" to the POLAR charge points, but you do still have to pay to use many of them. Think of it as a membership to the network (which is what usually costs the money that the promo material for the tariff advertises). Also worth checking on the POLAR map where charge points are near you, of the type that you need - eg 3pin plugs, and whether they are physically located in a car park - potentially you would have access to the network, but have to pay to park in the car park and pay to actually charge. Might still work out as a good deal, but worth doing the research first!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
just to add in, if you live in wales polar is pretty much the only public charging I've seen, so far part from NCP carparks I haven't seen one that charges you as long as you have the subscription
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks

I think the EV Everywhere tariff is kinda built on the regular 2 year fixed, with the 33% renewable. OVO make up the rest of the cost to the Greener deal, so you are getting 100% Green for the price of 33%, the Extra Green is Free...

plus the free mobile charging membership etc
I agree with what stateofit says here -

I think the EV Everywhere tariff is kinda built on the regular 2 fear fixed, with the 33% renewable. OVO make up the rest of the cost to the Greener deal, so you are getting 100% Green for the price of 33%, the Extra Green is Free...

plus the free mobile charging etc

- we're going to be switching to the EV everywhere tariff from the 12 month fixed 'greener energy' (100% renewable electricity). Looking at the details of the tariff the standing charge per day is fractionally more (though I expect it's the same as ours would go up to when the contract renews in Feb) but the price per KWh is slightly less. Whether we would use the POLAR charging or not I don't know, but our thinking is that we might as well take the opportunity to fix the reasonable rates for the next 24 months, and the electricity is 100% renewable which is important to us in terms of feeling like we're 'doing our bit', and if we do end up using the POLAR network, then that's a bonus! 😊
Hi. So i am just searching for sone information at the moment.

I am interested in the ev everywhere bundle. However i am not sure if i qualify. I myself as the bill payer do not own an electric or low emisions vehicle. However my son who lives in this property does have a full ev. Will i still be eligible for this bundle as there is an ev at this address?