Does anyone have any feedback on VCharge?

I am very interested in people’s experiences of VCharge . Have they had it fitted to their storage heaters yet ? Has it been a success ? Has it reduced usage at all ?
We renewed our contract last September and agreed to have VCharge fitted to our storage heaters . The smart meter was fitted in November in preparation , but the VCharge hasn’t been fitted yet , due to “ reprogramming” of the system . We are very excited and eager to have VCharge and wonder when it is likely to be available ( it’s been 3 months now) and if it is as good as I’m hoping it to be ?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@geoffenator don't you have this in place?
No I’m still waiting for an appointment for OVO to fit VCharge . I have been waiting since September .
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Tim_OVO - I've got a similar kind of thing installed but VCharge isn't suitable for me because I have gas CH rather than electric storage.

Mine is a Genius Hub that swaps out standard radiator TRVs for wireless ones that communicate with a central controller. Each room can have its own schedule but there are temperature sensors and motion detectors scattered around the house for control based on occupancy.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close