Solved

Can you move to the EV tariff after signing up with another OVO tariff?

• 22 January 2020
  • 5 replies

My current deal with OVO is due to expire in a few weeks and I am being offered to change to a 1 year better energy package or a 2 year fixed package which costs more than 20% more than the Better energy package.  (Signing up for 2 years costs more??)

I am considering buying a PHEV or full EV vehicle but delivery will be 3- 6months time from now.    

I do not know whether to sign up for the EV Everywhere tariff immediately or whether I can change to it once I have the vehicle.

The main benefit of a transfer for me seems to be to get a free charger.  The tariff is the same it seems if I go through MyOVO account.

Can anyone please advise on what would be the best path for me to get the best deal without paying any exit charges.   If it helps I already have an OVO installed Smart Meter, although economy 7 tariff quotes are even more expensive, at least judging by estimated monthly payments.

icon

Best answer by Ash_OVO 23 January 2020, 10:48

Hello @aps_el,

I can confirm that you can upgrade to the EV Everywhere tariff at any stage during your contract, it doesn’t matter if you’re on the Better Energy or the 2 Year Fixed tariff. 

Upgrading to EV Everywhere will start a new two year fixed plan and as @SR3 has correctly pointed out, you wouldn’t incur any exit fees for upgrading. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aps_el  I've followed the EV forum quote a bit since it release due to the free add-ons.

I believe that you would be able to initially sign up to the 1 year fixed then if you get an EV upgrade this to the 2 Year with EV add-on.

As it is a tariff upgrade they won't be any exit fees on the 1 year as you are upgrading and commiting to OVO longer term throught the 2 Year with EV

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @aps_el,

I can confirm that you can upgrade to the EV Everywhere tariff at any stage during your contract, it doesn’t matter if you’re on the Better Energy or the 2 Year Fixed tariff. 

Upgrading to EV Everywhere will start a new two year fixed plan and as @SR3 has correctly pointed out, you wouldn’t incur any exit fees for upgrading. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Welcome to the forum, @aps_el, just a heads up I’ve tweaked the title of your topic, it’s sure to come up again and it’ll help other members find it. 

Good work @SR3 and @Ash_OVO  spot on with your advice:blush:

Thanks for the replies.  I signed up for the 12 month Better Energy deal and will review when I get my EV.   I was surprised how much cheaper the 12 month fixed rate was than the 2 year fixed rate (and EV rate) so I may end up sticking with that till the end before changing.

I'm currently on V2G trial, is the EV tarif suitably cheapest