Pinned News

Who wants to come and check out our Bristol HQ? (We even have a Treehouse!)

Who wants to come and check out our Bristol HQ? (We even have a Treehouse!)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I'm interested, what's the deal?

We are busy planning another VIP day for our forum users, so this is your chance to come see us in person and get to experience OVO from the inside.

We have an action packed day planned. We’ve secured time from some of our key Product teams, ready to share with you our vision and products and more importantly get feedback direct from you guys on what we can do better or what new ideas you have to make OVO even better!!

Sounds great, when is it?

Provisional dates we are looking at are Monday 17th June or Friday 21st June. We will be starting around 10am, and aim to have you flying down the slide (yes, its attached to the Treehouse….!) and out the door by 4pm, having had a brilliant day and feeling even more connected to the OVO Community.

I want to come, how do I sign up?

If you would like to join us, we’d love to meet you. Simply comment below with the date you would be able to come and see us (we’ll even throw in lunch)...! We’ll be in touch to confirm the date and all the details of the day once we have final numbers.

I'm worried I'll miss out....

Spaces are limited, so get commenting asap to register your interest.

Darran
Community Manager
☺

25 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
72 views over the weekend and not one reply as yet........come on, don't be shy!!!

We already have @aaronr and @Transparent signed up, both of which are excited to be joining us at our Bristol HQ!! We are right by Temple Meads train station and there are lots of car parks very close by, so no excuses!!

This is a free event for our Forum users, you just need to get yourself to Bristol!!

We will confirming the date later today, so get replying now to sign up!! We'd love to meet as many of you as possible on this VIP day (we don't just allow anyone into the office.....!!)

Come on @jewelie , @sam_cat , @g4jnw , we have lots planned, so don't miss out!

Look forward to hearing from you all asap! @Tim_OVO is so up for this!

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Starting to get a little bit excited about this VIP day!

We have some EV experts who are coming, @UC Bear @NoPoke @Leo Moran (Leo what's your friends username, who you're coming down with, I want to tag them!), so I think some time with @Hari_OVO might be on the cards.....(!)

Fancy joining us (no need to have an EV don't worry!) @Gif @Kat Leaf @Somerpark @jdenver @jewelie @Mw2870 🕵🏽
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Wish I could join but unfortunately I won't be able to make this one 😥
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Erm... @ITGeek123 Could you connect in via a video link?
That way you could still share your insights, but the rest of us get to eat your lunch! 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Transparent At least save me some food and fedex it to me 😄
Userlevel 3
Tim, Aaron is already listed.... aaronr
We're sharing the same car...not sure which one yet, they're both the same......
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Wish I could join but unfortunately I won't be able to make this one 😥
Wish there was a dislike button for this one...... 😥 But we will run another event again in the future, so hopefully you'll be able to make that one.

@Leo Moran we didn't know you and @aaronr were friends, how cool!! Glad you are both able to make it!

@Transparent looking forward to seeing how you fedex lunch to @ITGeek123 🤣😂😆

@swakeman @EverythingNeedsAUserName You guys coming too??

Darran
Looks a giggle but not for me, can't make it. Seems a really great idea though. Have fun, all that go! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Ah no worries @jewelie ! Maybe next time!! We'll be sure to keep you posted when we run the next one!

We will be updating you all on the day, sharing stories, photos etc so you can see what we got up too!!

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
If @ITGeek123 isn't going to be there, the most he'll get out of me is a WhatsApp photo of the crayfish sandwich he could've been enjoying!

For those who are undecided about whether to commit to this day, can I point out:

a. when @Tim_OVO mentioned @Hari_OVO above, it is Hari who heads up the team within the Kaluza Division who are developing the EV Chargers and the forthcoming Home Storage Battery.

b. there are major changes about to happen to the electricity supply system in Britain. The DNO's like Western Power Distribution and UK Power Networks are to become DSO's whereby they will support Aggregators who actually administer the final stage of distribution. This is an opportunity for community involvement, buying in energy and supplementing it with that produced and stored locally.

The SMETS2 meters are the first part of this strategy being implemented. So I hope we will be able to hear how OVO is responding to these forthcoming changes.

So there's a lot more to this VIP day than simply enjoying the vol-au-vents that @Tim_OVO and @Darran_OVO have been learning to make over the past month 🎂
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Darran, I just replied to Tim, I can make either 17th or 21st.
Peter
Userlevel 5
Badge
@oligun93, @gt94sss2, @LucyM - any of you guys fancy this?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Good shout @Nancy_OVO be nice to invite some of our newest OVO customers that have joined us from EE.

Really hope you can make it.

Hoping @BrizzleLass is able to join too, along with @Fred Rick and @Polly so they can see how far we've come, given its been nearly 2 years since they last paid us a visit!!

Darran
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks loads for the invite,

Delighted to accept, either day currently ok, prefer, if possible the Monday

Cheers

Fred
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Great news @Fred Rick ! Look forward to catching up!

We will be in touch, with all the details as soon as the final date is confirmed!!

Darran
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello,

I can make it on the Friday but I work Mondays (boo) Would be good to come and see you all again.

Laters
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
That would be amazing @BrizzleLass, it's looking more likely to be the Friday to be honest due to others availability, but will confirm asap!

Be good to catch up, we have a number of sessions planned through the day, so will be good to get you involved!!

Darran 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I've invited @Mr Smets too, @Transparent, no reply yet, not sure if you've had any messages from him at all as I know you've been chatting 🙂

Darran
Userlevel 3
Tim, I've got the invite and will be attending but can't find the original e mail to respond to you personally.......by the way...it's milk and one sugar.

Leo
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Milk & one sugar, @Leo Moran? How unusual!

I prefer my G&T with ice & lemon 😉
Userlevel 3
I'll let @Tim_OVO, know you'll be attending @Leo Moran.

See you all soon!
there are any kind of streamming?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
there are any kind of streamming?

There won't be this time around, but we still have spaces if you are able to join us on the 17th?

If you'd like to come along, just reply to this message!!

Streaming is a good shout, definitely food for thought next time. We will be putting together a summary after the event to share on the forum so watch out for that.

Darran

there are any kind of streamming?There won't be this time around, but we still have spaces if you are able to join us on the 17th?

If you'd like to come along, just reply to this message!!

Streaming is a good shout, definitely food for thought next time. We will be putting together a summary after the event to share on the forum so watch out for that.

Darran

I cant go i talked with transparent about it... :(
anyways i will try to check that summary and comment it here with you 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Ah that's a shame @smithsmithers, maybe next time 🙂

Yes we and hopefully our VIP's will be posting lots of highlights from the day, so keep an eye out for those after the event.

Darran

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings