Solved

What will happen to Economy Energy Credit balances?

Show first post

324 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi all,

Just to update, we are finally getting all of Economy Energy's account information transferred over to OVO. This means we are in a position to start working through checking the backlog of requests for refunds from customers that left Economy, before OVO was appointed as the new supplier.

This means we are no longer able to take your details via the forum. If you are an ex EE customer that is waiting for a refund, please email hello@ovoenergy.com or call our helpful team on 0330 303 5063. They will be able to take your details and add your information and request to our systems so allow us to speed up the process.

Anyone that has already sent their details through to the forum, rest assured you were added to the list we were previously collating, and you don't need to do anything right now.

@Sepps @ExEconomy Energy Customer @Berylcondra

Darran

Update 12/07/2019 - The majority of Economy Energy refunds should have been paid by now. If not, we may still be awaiting information from their administrators, or may require a copy of the final bill they have sent you. Please get in touch on 0330 303 5063, via hello@ovoenergy.com or on Facebook.
Good to hear Darran. Let's hope this gets cleared quickly.
Hi Darran
Thank you for the update, much appreciated.
Mick
I hope some can help me I was an Economy Energy customer but had changed supplier prior to the collapse.
I had over £400 owed to me due to then taking out a payment even after I switched to Scottish Power plus I had money in credit
I was wondering when I can expect to receive this.
Hi all,

Just to update, we are finally getting all of Economy Energy's account information transferred over to OVO. This means we are in a position to start working through checking the backlog of requests for refunds from customers that left Economy, before OVO was appointed as the new supplier.

This means we are no longer able to take your details via the forum. If you are an ex EE customer that is waiting for a refund, please email hello@ovoenergy.com or call our helpful team on 0330 303 5063. They will be able to take your details and add your information and request to our systems so allow us to speed up the process.

Anyone that has already sent their details through to the forum, rest assured you were added to the list we were previously collating, and you don't need to do anything right now.

Darran
sorry darran but the above info is not what ive just been told on the phone they would not take my details in order for me to register my claim they also have not replied to my email i sent over a week ago to the email ad you posted i did receive an auto reply to that saying they would reply within 3 t 5 days.
Hello.
I have a problem with my former energy / gas provider. Nobody seems to have been able to help me before closing operations.
They are on a 2600kw / h current bill and have earned 165 pounds for something I have not consumed, and they have estimated that in 3 months I have consumed 2600kw / h. I would like if someone can contact me and try to solve this problem somehow. And since I installed the smart meter I was never up to date with him, besides that they did not even know that I had a smart meter on the gas they thought I had a smart meter just on the current, always took me or got more money than I have consumed it, I really did not get it, but it was the same direct flow that was more than I consumed. I want to say that I have all the evidence that I did not consume that 2600kw / h. Hoping someone to help me with this problem!
Regards
Hi Darran,

Do you have any idea as to when the refunds will be processed? I have asking for this back from EE since October. I know that you guys have only just received the okay, but just so I know when to expect it. I am owed £250 and I could do with it to pay other energy bills.

I'm sure you understand.

Cheers,
Pete
Hi.
I am a previous customer of EE.
I switched earlier last year to Bulb.
EE still owe me £198.55 as a refund.
I have emails as proof of this.
How can i be added to the list please?
Thank you
Hi @sharon G

Most of Economy Energy customers seem to have ended up discussing this subject over on the Topic Economy Energy Credit Balances which is worthwhile reading.

Ofgem
's advice is correct... you would in time be contacted by staff at OVO

. However, they are inundated with ex-EE customers who are contacting them (often multiple times) and this obviously slows up the process.

OVO
are compiling a list of all those owed money by EE. This gets approved by the official Administrator, now in charge of EE. You can email your details to OVO

hello@ovoenergy.com

but I suggest you first read the comments on the other thread so that you know what's required. Try to get all the relevant details in just one message.

yes you can email them but they dont reply
Hello,

I was a customer at Economy Energy who was due a refund of £90. This has rattled on since last October, until finally, last month, when I received an email outlining the sum that I was going to be paid.

This did not, however, include a date of the payment, nor has one taken place in the month and a half since.

Furthermore, in the time since, Economy Energy's clients have been moved to OVO, who, I have been informed, will honour my refund.

I raised a support ticket with OVO last week to query the status of this, and have received no reply.

In short, I'd like to push this ahead, get it settled, and leave you alone!

Can you help?

Best wishes,

James
Hi, have any ex Economy Energy customers which are still owed money actually been refunded yet? I have emailed OVO a few times but keep getting an automated email reply? Thanks, Steve
same here and when i got through on the phone they wouldnt take my details so i went to ovo facebook page and posted there i have now been informed i will receive my refund in next few days.
Ahh that sounds promising. Let me know how you get on please.
I think we are all just waiting now, but hopefully it won't be too long now.
I messeged them via Facebook. This is the reply I got..Hi Steven, I've checked on the account and we are still obtaining what we need from Economy Energy. However I can see you've already sent us in copies of your final statements for both so we have there the final amount. Can you confirm you're happy to receive this via a cheque refund to the address; (my address was here) If so I'll get this raised for you, this doesn't mean the cheque will be processed straight away, however but it does mean in a few weeks when we start processing these that you'll be in like to get this sent out. Cheers, Tom
I messeged them via Facebook. This is the reply I got..Hi Steven, I've checked on the account and we are still obtaining what we need from Economy Energy. However I can see you've already sent us in copies of your final statements for both so we have there the final amount. Can you confirm you're happy to receive this via a cheque refund to the address; (my address was here) If so I'll get this raised for you, this doesn't mean the cheque will be processed straight away, however but it does mean in a few weeks when we start processing these that you'll be in like to get this sent out. Cheers, Tom

this morning i checked my bank account and my credit refund for electricity is there so its only been couple of days since i contacted ovo via fb however it seems EE havent sent details for my gas account that also has overdue credit so ive now sent via fb my last statement for the gas showing credit ballance.so watch out for that
It feels like we're getting somewhere at last.
i guess ee or whoever is dealing with it for them either havent remembered that gas and electric have the same account number even though they both had there own dd nothing surprises me with ee
I am an ex-Economy Energy Customer - please refund my £160.04 asap please?
Try their Facebook page messenger service.
I had left Economy Energy at the end of October 2018, well before they went bust but I am still waiting for a refund in excess if £100.
If I owed them the money I am sure it wouldn't have dragged on for do long
the best way to contact ovo about refunds is via there facebook .No one on this forum can help and ive found emailing and phoning gets nowhere but ive had success with there suport workers on there facebook page
I was formally an Economy Energy customer and was in the process of transferring to another provider when they went pop. Not only did they continue to take the direct debit payment (for 3 months!) I was actually owed money by them for overpayments. How do I reclaim the money that EE owed me?
Hi
Does anyone have an update on when customers who left Economy Energy in credit will receive the money owing to them. I have had no official correspondence only a pm from Darran telling me I had been put on the list.

regards
Tom