Solved

What will happen to Economy Energy Credit balances?

Show first post

324 replies

Thank you!!
How do I get onto your 'list' of Economy Energy ex customers owed money by them !!!
I have similar issues Darren.

I transferred to EdF on 30 October 2018 yet Direct Debits have continued to be taken of £47.84 and £30.49 each month (ie November, December and January 2019).
Please stop the DDs and refund the credit balance due with final account details.
I did not receive these when I transferred and cannot now access the EconoEnergy website.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I can't quite follow this, @GasElec

Are you saying that you transferred from Economy Energy on 30oct18 to EDF, and yet Economy Energy has continued to take DD's for 3 successive months thereafter?

If so, then:

A. Check with EDF that the meters actually did transfer to them. As the Receiving Supplier, it is their responsibility to handle the switching process. I've had previous experience of a new account being created by the Receiving Supplier who failed to complete the handover correctly, effectively leaving me with live accounts for two companies.

B. Contact your bank, and put a stop to the Direct Debits. Most banks permit this online. No one at OVO can undertake this for you because they never had a DD Mandate from you in the first place.

C. Send a Private Message to @Darran_OVO with your old account number, the amount you were in credit on the switch-date and the amounts erroneously taken after that date.

I'm not entirely sure if OVO are collating a list of all past customers of EE, or if this only applies to those who have transferred to OVO. Either way, the Administrator needs details of your claim.
Yes. EconoEnergy continued with the DDs.
I have now stopped them on the on line bank account.
I have also emailed Darren.
I will contact EdF.
Thanks for your advice.
Hi, I switched from Economy Energy in September 2018. I have received my final bills from Economy Energy for my Electricity and Gas accounts. For electricity I'm £123.39 in credit, for gas I'm £213.39 in credit. I understand now that OVO will refund this money to me. What information do you need from me to progress this refund?
Thanks
I LEFT ECONOMY ENERGY ON 8TH OCTOBER 2018 WHEN MY TARIFF ENDED WITH THEM AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING EVER SINCE TO BE REFUNDED MY ACCOUNT CREDIT OF £224.32!!!
I KNEW SOMETHING UNUSUAL WAS GOING ON BECAUSE I WAS CHASING THEM VIA TELEPHONE CALLS AND NUMEROUS EMAILS BUT WAS BOMBARDED WITH EXCUSES AND LIES RIGHT UP UNTIL 9TH JANUARY 2019.
I HAVE ALL THE EMAILS FOR EVIDENCE INCLUDING ONE WHICH CONFIRMS THE REFUND DUE AND ANOTHER STATING I WOULD BE CREDITED ON 7TH JANUARY 2019 BUT WHICH NEVER HAPPENED.
PLEASE ADVISE WHO I NEED TO CONTACT NOW TO RECEIVE THIS REFUND.
THANK YOU.
Hi Darran! Sorry to be a pain but I've been trying to email you with my EE details but I can't find the purple button on your profile page that gives access to your email address! I'd appreciate your guidance. Mike.
Can I add I switched to a supplier that is not OVO energy in September 2018. Despite many phone calls to Economy energy and receipt of paper bills from Economy Energy showing the credit they owe me, I still have not received my refund!! Please advise who in OVO energy do I need to contact to progress this refund to me??
Hi,

I was overdue a refund from Economy Energy before they ceased trading. They had confirmed the amount to me after my final reading, but they went bump before processing it.

Can someone please provide an indication of when i will receive it back to me?

I left Economy Energy in September and i just want to get it resolved.

Thanks,

Steve
Userlevel 1
I switched energy providers before the news of EE ceasing trade and my new supplier was activated on 19th January 2019. I have a large credit on my account which i’m keen to receive and would like to know how I organise that but I would like reassurance that EE and Ovo are not going to take any further funds. I have provided meter readings to OVO (which haven’t been acknowledged) and my new energy provider. I would be grateful if someone could please make contact with me to answer my questions above. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi to all the ex-EE customers posting here. It's obviously an extremely frustrating time for you, and we'll help as best we can.

A. @piper28 my instructions to send a Direct Message to @Darran_OVO are posted here.

B. This Forum is predominately for fellow energy-users to discuss energy-related topics. Most are OVO customers, but it's open to anyone. I'm a customer just like you.... and the Forum is ours to help each other.

The only OVO staff members who monitor what's said here are the Moderators, who are actually part of OVO's Social-Media Team. So if you post comments aimed directly at OVO, then you ought to know that Customer Services won't read them here!

Not all of the Moderator Team are on duty at once. @Darran_OVO appears to be very quiet today and he may not be on duty. As the Team-leader, a large part of his role is to be present in Management Meetings, informing them of Forum issues and getting answers to our questions.

So in the absence of @Darran_OVO you can still contact OVO Customer Services directly by email to hello@ovoenergy.com.

C. Picking up the understandable concern from @jking "I would like reassurance that EE and Ovo are not going to take any further funds". Yes, I think I can give you that assurance.

EE's affairs are in the hands of a licensed Administrator. There are very strict rules on what he/she may and may not do. In this case there is an additional bonus in that the Administrator may call upon an Ofgem Fund to make good any deficit in the sum required to refund ex-customers.

OVO will have signed their own Agreement with Ofgem, and this will include the administration work required to collate a list of Creditors, such as yourself. They may not take money from you for doing this because you and they have no such Contract between you. Ofgem will audit the entire process.

D. The main delay in processing repayments to Creditors is commonly due to incomplete information. It's amazing how many people write in and forget to give the Name of the Account or its Number!

So if you want to help each other and get refunded more quickly, try to provide all the necessary information in one single message/email.

I have no idea what the timescales are, and OVO themselves may know little more. This is entirely in the hands of the Administrator.

If you want any further clarifications, please ask. I and other Forum members will do what we can to assist.
Despite being in credit till November 2018 my monthly bill in December was inflated with estimates that placed me in arrears by £300 my readings were checked by an official in the same month but have not been used, I am worried that they might take this out of my account, can I block it?
Hi,
I left Economy Energy on the 25th October to join a cheaper tariff with Bulb. I never stopped my direct debit as I left it open so my credit balance could be deposited in my bank account. It was only during the Christmas holiday I checked my bank statements to see Economy Energy had still be taking direct debits from my account. I closed my direct debit with EE and tried to contact them. Eventually I got hold of them and I received my final bill. The next day they had gone into administration so now I am still awaiting a response from yourselves which I know can take up to 21 days.

My Acoount Number with Economy Energy was 2051587 and according to them I had a credit balance of £450
Hi left EE 22/11/18
final bill calculated for gas I can see on-line owing me £450. Still no final bill for electricity (I should be owed £150). Smart meter and provided final readings many times and complaint logged.

Can you tell me how I can Iexpedite my final refund ?

many thanks
Like lots of others, I am a victim of EE. I switched in December last and ended up over £700 in credit. They took a DD after the switch date so that was refunded by the bank but I am still owed over £500. My account number is 909017. What do I need to do please.
I see from other questions that in order to claim back the credit balance I had as a former customer of Economy Energy I should contact Darren on the Forum page. I have tried but failed to do this. Can you please advise how I can achieve this. Thank you.
I left Economy energy i Oct 2018 , I have my final statements and account number how do I proceed claiming off OVO
I was a customer of Economy Energy but terminated my account in October 2018 and switched to Extra Energy who themselves have since gone into administration.

After many phone calls to Economy Energy I received a final account from them dated 6th December 2018 showing that I was due a credit of £443.23 for gas and electric charges (copies of their invoices can be provided on request).

I then continued regularly to chase for payment and despite several assurances that I would receive the payment I received nothing and they have now gone into administration.

I understand that OVO have accepted responsibility for payment of outstanding credits left by Economy Energy and would be pleased to know what information you will require to provide this and when I might expect to receive it?

Thanking you Mrs J.E. Arter.
Economy energy customer who left before it failed. I am in credit who do I contact and how do I supply my information to OVO for a refund.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Moca and @TonyL

You can send a Direct Message to the Moderator, @Darran_OVO by following the instructions I posted here last week.

Or you can email to OVO Customer Services hello@ovoenergy.com.

Try to put all your relevant information in ONE message.
Hi @Moca and @TonyL

You can send a Direct Message to the Moderator, @Darran_OVO by following the instructions I posted here last week.

Or you can email to OVO Customer Services hello@ovoenergy.com

Try to put all your relevant information in ONE message.
Hi Transparent, Done as you say yesterday thanks will give Darran a couple of days to reply. Not used to Forums so sorry if protocol not correct.
my economy energy account ended in November im owed 700 pounds in total and requested a refund but still nothingwas last on a sread sheet to be contacted now nothing no contact from ovo energy to what shall I do derek
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Don't worry about protocols too much @TonyL !

The Forum is all about customers helping each other and sharing information.

No one who has been a customer of Economy Energy has yet posted here to state that they've had any response from OVO once they've sent in details of their outstanding credit.

It would be useful if someone could say if they did receive an acknowledgement, and how quickly it arrived. That way, it will help others to understand that the process is working.

I spoke to someone at OVO during the weekend, and there is an amazing amount of work going on to compile a database of Economy Energy's customers, and the status of their accounts. So please be reassured that OVO are pulling out all the stops to help you guys!