Solved

What will happen to Economy Energy Credit balances?

Show first post

314 replies

I got the same responce from EE but verbally. I don't know why no management is getting involved from OVO. I don't belive for a second that there is no link at all with EE and they just have to wait.

I have used the complain link and raised one. But I honestly hold no hope that OVO help. This is turning out to be an expensive mistake for a lot of us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ok, @Chrisvose .... so revert to my earlier message here and write your complaint to OVO. Your credit has clearly taken longer than the 4 weeks which you were advised.

Either way, you simply must take steps which take you in the direction of the Office of the Energy Ombudsman. Currently it doesn't seem that you satisfy their criteria for looking at your case.
I have complained to OVO by email about 6 times I have rung them on numerous occasions they have told me it's being processed and then contradicted themselves in the next email by saying they don't have the final bill from EE I have sent them proof of the verified amount I am owed but this matter is still no nearer to being resolved so I can only come to one conclusion that both parties are playing each other off to the detriment of the customer
Userlevel 1
so EE Administrators have provided final bills for gas and electric to me back in June showing my account is in credit by around £200 (which is what I thought) but OVO won’t accept them until they’ve been verified by Grant Thornton. I’ve now emailed GT 3 times and have no response. Would really like my refund which has been due since end of last year please (when I changed to an alternative supplier before EE went bust). Can someone from OVO help? I’ve been using Messenger and have spoken to various people at OVO over recent months but nothing is happening which is extremely frustrating. Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @jking,

If customer services have looked into this and advised that we're awaiting confirmation from Grant Thornton, then unfortunately there's nothing we can do to speed this up.

OVO stepped in to make sure all customers that were with Economy Energy at the time they went bust, and any customers that had already left but were still awaiting a refund, got their money back. Due to the industry process involved, we can only issue your refund when their administrators have confirmed your final balance with us. As Economy don't exist anymore, this is the third party we're relying on to pass on this information for all ex-customers.

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Hi @jking,

If customer services have looked into this and advised that we're awaiting confirmation from Grant Thornton, then unfortunately there's nothing we can do to speed this up.

OVO stepped in to make sure all customers that were with Economy Energy at the time they went bust, and any customers that had already left but were still awaiting a refund, got their money back. Due to the industry process involved, we can only issue your refund when their administrators have confirmed your final balance with us. As Economy don't exist anymore, this is the third party we're relying on to pass on this information for all ex-customers.

Thanks

what I struggling to understand is if i’ve had final bills from GT why do they now need to be verified by GT too? When they wrote to me back in June with the final bills they said my refund would be due in 3 weeks - we’re now 3 months + down the line. What do I need to do here please? Will we ever get out refunds?
I am the same. I can see the final bills and I called GT who said they sent them months ago to OVO.

What I don't belive is that no one in ovo does not have a name, email or phone nunber of someone at GT. I was transferred over fairly quickly in January but now waiting in my credit is a joke.

I know that this is an expensive mistake and I am now down £300.
Userlevel 1
I am the same. I can see the final bills and I called GT who said they sent them months ago to OVO.

What I don't belive is that no one in ovo does not have a name, email or phone nunber of someone at GT. I was transferred over fairly quickly in January but now waiting in my credit is a joke.

I know that this is an expensive mistake and I am now down £300.

please keep in touch with any updates.

OVO - come on, you need to sort this out and start giving some helpful advice. GT don’t respond to any form of communication so what are we supposed to do? Being out of pocket like this is outrageous.
Hi Darran_OVO

I got an email saying that you may have solved the question being asked in this thread.

Considering the people are all complaining that 9 months on we are all owed money from ee and ovo can't do anything to help I don't find it solved by referring to some 8 months old faq's.

I am just frustrated and annoyed with the lack of help and am now considering this a loss of £300.

And yes ee created and sent the final bill to ovo months ago.
Userlevel 1
Hi Darran_OVO

I got an email saying that you may have solved the question being asked in this thread.

Considering the people are all complaining that 9 months on we are all owed money from ee and ovo can't do anything to help I don't find it solved by referring to some 8 months old faq's.

I am just frustrated and annoyed with the lack of help and am now considering this a loss of £300.

And yes ee created and sent the final bill to ovo months ago.

i got the same email yesterday, so disappointed to log on to find no response. We’re basically being ignored. OVO, we need some answers or some direction please.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I appreciate your frustration, @jking and @Tofolo, the email you got was pointing our customers on this thread, to the best answer, this has been updated in the linked topic and has further information on the progress of ex Economy Energy accounts.

Hope this helps!
Hey @scoobydoo287

Check out this new topic here.

Darran
Any update on this. Months ago EE said it would be in my account in 4 weeks but any time i ask OVO they just blame EE.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Any update on this. Months ago EE said it would be in my account in 4 weeks but any time i ask OVO they just blame EE.

Thanks for posting @Tofolo - heads up that I did edit that picture out of your comment, as it showed your account number.

If you're waiting on a refund from EE's administrators, this will be sent to your OVO account, which can then be sent to you. It will need to be 'verified' though. In other words, we need their administrators to rubber stamp and make official your final account balance. If they haven't done this, we can't process it. I would check with us first, to make sure that's the situation: hello@ovoenergy.com. If it is, then email Grant Thornton (the administrators) directly to get an update: Economy.Energy@uk.gt.com

It will need to be 'verified' though. In other words, we need their administrators to rubber stamp and make official your final account balance. If they haven't done this, we can't process it. I would check with us first, to make sure that's the situation: hello@ovoenergy.com. If it is, then email Grant Thornton (the administrators) directly to get an update: Economy.Energy@uk.gt.com

Thats fine saying email the administrators, but they never reply back, SO frustrating how each party says contact the other in repeated statements. A never ending circle…. pathetic!