Solved

What will happen to Economy Energy Credit balances?

Userlevel 1
Hi

I was an Economy energy customer until Sep 5th, & had a credit balance of £172.00, which I have been requesting from them till the recent collapse. Since OvoEnergy has now been appointed as the new supplier, & my credit balance is protected by Ofgem how do I go about getting my credit refunded.?.
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 14 January 2019, 14:34

Hey @scoobydoo287

Check out this new topic here.

Darran
View original

313 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @scoobydoo287

Check out this new topic here.

Darran
Hi Darran, I checked out the topics and it was a little unclear as to the process to recover in-credit balances if you were a former EE customers. I'm now with EDF and had been chasing EE for 3 months. Is it the same process in that you will contact me? If I don't hear from OVO by a certain date, should i contact you again or do you have a dedicated exEE helpline? Thanks, David.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @DavidF

We are still working through some of the processes to ensure we are able to support customers in the right way.

If you are no longer a customer of Economy Energy, we will need to get some information from you so that once we have all Economy Energy's account information, we can review and validate any balances that may be owed.

If you haven't received a final bill yet then Economy Energy will send you one with the final balance over the next few weeks. Only then will we have an agreed amount that can be refunded. There is nothing OVO can do until this has been issued, so you will have to sit tight for the moment until you receive that.

Hope this helps, I'll send you a private message to get the info we need from you for the moment.

Darran
Hi Darran.
I'm in same situation.
Switched from Economy Energy with closing bill to 2nd October'18 and credit balance approx. £380.Now with E-On .
I have full email and formal complaint correspondence since switching.
Would appreciate your advice on how to proceed if OVO are to re-imburse my outstanding credit.
thanks,
Jonevvo
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @jonevvo

No worries, this will all take a bit of time to figure out.

*EDITED*

Please see the updated best answer above, we can no longer accept details through the forum.

Darran
Hi All,

I am in the same position. I moved home in June 2018 and my previous address was supplied by economy energy. At the time of closing my account I was told I was c£200 in credit and that a final bill would be sent to me within 6 weeks after which I could apply for a reimbursement of any credit balance.
I have yet to receive a bill or any correspondence and am unsurehow to proceed with reclaiming the credit balance that is owed to me.
I left EE on 27th September and had a credit balance of approx £280 which I was chasing them for and raised numerous formal complaints can you advise when OVO will be in a position to refund this money - my account no. is 2035641 I can provide further details by private email should you require them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @PriyaSOmaniShah

As per my previous replies on this thread, all we can do at this stage is get you added to a list to follow up once we have access to Economy's account information, which will start to happen over the next few weeks.

If you want to be added to the list, please send me a private message with your contact details, old Economy account number and the amount you think you are owed.

Darran
Darran - thanks for the message my economy energy account no. Is XXXXXX and I am owed approx £300 can you pass these details to your customer services team so that they can progress this matter
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks @Chrisvose you are on the list. I've blanked out your account number for data protection.

Darran
I'm in the same situation. I was in credit to the sum of £170 with Economy Energy. I switched users in August 2018 (EON) and since September 2018 I've been asking for my money back. Each time getting the same answer "we'll pass it onto our finance dept, it takes 6-8 weeks to process". I've had enough waiting so I've opened a case with the Energy Ombudsman.....
We were customers of economy energy, we lest them in September 2018 with a credit balance of just under £600. We have our final bills can you tell us what we need to do now please?
HI

I'm an ex Economy Energy customer who left in September still awaiting credit refund. I ended up making a money claim online which was produced to Economy Energy with interest and costs. ( I wish I'd have added on extra now for the amount of time I spent on numerous conversations requesting this plus the stress its caused). This was approx on 17th Dec before closure but heard nothing. What will happen now regarding court etc?
Hi Darran, I am a former Economy Energy custome and I have a credit balance of £159.99 from 30.10.18 when I switched supplier. I have the final Bill'sfrom EE. Please could you add me to your list and send me a private message so I can provide my details and copies of the final Bill's. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
HI

I'm an ex Economy Energy customer who left in September still awaiting credit refund. I ended up making a money claim online which was produced to Economy Energy with interest and costs. ( I wish I'd have added on extra now for the amount of time I spent on numerous conversations requesting this plus the stress its caused). This was approx on 17th Dec before closure but heard nothing. What will happen now regarding court etc?

Hey Jennie

Please send me a private message with your full name, EE account number and the balance you think you are owed so I can add you to the list of customers in the same position.

Hi Darran, I am a former Economy Energy custome and I have a credit balance of £159.99 from 30.10.18 when I switched supplier. I have the final Bill'sfrom EE. Please could you add me to your list and send me a private message so I can provide my details and copies of the final Bill's. Thanks

Julie, if you could do the same I'll get you added to the list too.

It will be a while before we are able to get back to anyone as we need to receive EE's account information so we can start investigating this in more detail, so please bear with us.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We were customers of economy energy, we lest them in September 2018 with a credit balance of just under £600. We have our final bills can you tell us what we need to do now please?

Please see my comments on this thread. Look forward to hearing from you.

Darran
Hi Darran
Thank you for your reply, we are a bit confused, do you need our account details from economy energy, if so how do we get them to you. Have tried to click on your name, but can’t send a reply
many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Eppo ... I tried to reply to your posting about 30mins ago, but it hasn't (yet) appeared. So apologies if two responses from me arrive here!

To send a Direct Message to @Darran_OVO - click on this name (in light blue).
This opens his Forum Profile page.

Near the top is a purple button which says Send Message in white writing. Click on that and you will see a window where you can send text directly to Darran. No one else can see this, not even another Forum Moderator.

And for anyone else who's reading this...

please do not post account details, addresses etc on this open public forum. You could inadvertently be providing information about yourself which is of use to a fraudster!
@Darran_OVO I also left Economy Energy in September, but they carried on taking my direct debit, and have never sent me a final bill.

I had contacted them to resolve this, but they went bankrupt before my complaint was dealt with.

How do I progress this now?
thanks,

Jon
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @jpdenison as per @Transparent's comment above, please send me a message with your details including contact info, your EE account number and the amount you believe you are owed.

Thanks

Darran
Hi there

We changed supplier from Economy to Green Network early in October. We have been waiting months for our credit balance to be paid.

When Economy failed all the media comment made it sound like we would still get our refund. Please see info below re our account number XXXXXXX

What makes it even worse is that Economy continued to take direct debits after they stopped supplying us......which is nothing less than theft...….and does nothing but harm to customer confidence.

Please advise

Kind regards

Howard Borrell

Sent: Fri Jan 04 2019 16:35:36 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
To:Customer. Services
Subject: Re: Account closure statement a/c number XXXXXXX

Hi Kylie

No payment received so far. Further payments taken by you in December. Please advise of progress.

Kind regards

Howard Borrell

On Thursday, 6 December 2018, 15:39:30 GMT, Customer. Services wrote:

Account closure statement a/c number XXXXXX Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I have accessed the account and created a final bill for each for you, they can be viewed by logging into your online account. I have also cancelled your direct debits.

I have started the refund process for you, this will be sent to finance to be approved and processed, you will the receive an email notification of when this credit will be repaid into your account. We will aim to have this resolved as quickly as possible for you.

There is a credit of £131.16 on your electricity and a credit of £276.92 on your gas account.

Kind Regards,

Kylie
---------------------------------------------
Customer Services - Email Team
Economy Energy
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @howardb You are among a group of ex-EE customers who are making a claim against them. OVO is collating a list of these claims.

Please don't post details of your contract here on a public Forum. It can be used by fraudsters... and I'm not going to say how, for obvious reasons!

@Darran_OVO, can you please blatt out the account numbers above? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@howardb

Can you please PM me with your full name and address so I can add you to the list. Details of how to message are in @Transparent 's previous post.

I have also removed your account numbers from the post for security. :)

Thanks

Darran
I was an economy energy customer. I switched to another supplier sept 2018 and I’m still awaiting my gas account refund? Who do I call to organise this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Jayne321 as posted above you need to send a Direct Message to @Darran_OVO for which I provided the instructions here.

Include your Economy Energy Account-number, Billing Address and any other relevant information such as the exact date your contract ended and the amount you are owed. This will get collated and passed to the appointed Administrator.