Pinned News

Want to become famous? Who’s interested?

• 28 August 2019
  • 3 replies
Want to become famous? Who’s interested?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We’re looking at the possibility of including our customers in a new advertising campaign focused on zero-carbon living. We’re thinking this might be a national campaign that will bring to life our mission of powering human progress with clean and affordable energy for all.

How do I get involved?

For now we are just seeing if there is any appetite from our lovely forum members to join us and take part in something like this. If you are interested and are passionate about zero-carbon living, please comment below to let us know.

What do I need to be aware of?

If we go ahead with this, the advert would feature your face so you need to be comfortable in front of the camera - but don’t worry, we’ll have a professional photographer to help you on the day! Your face could appear across billboards, online, our social media, and the OVO offices, who knows!

The idea for the campaign is aiming to encourage an optimistic movement towards zero carbon living across the country. With this in mind, if we go ahead the people chosen (possibly both employees and customers) will represent a mix of people who reflect our society.

Next steps

At this point we are just gauging interest, so let us know if you’d consider taking part. If we go ahead, we would be looking for you to be available between the 4th - 10th Sept.

Look forward to seeing who’s up for it! 📸📽

Darran

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
We’re looking at the possibility of including our customers in a new advertising campaign focused on zero-carbon living. We’re thinking this might be a national campaign that will bring to life our mission of powering human progress with clean and affordable energy for all.

How do I get involved?

For now we are just seeing if there is any appetite from our lovely forum members to join us and take part in something like this. If you are interested and are passionate about zero-carbon living, please comment below to let us know.

What do I need to be aware of?

If we go ahead with this, the advert would feature your face so you need to be comfortable in front of the camera - but don’t worry, we’ll have a professional photographer to help you on the day! Your face could appear across billboards, online, our social media, and the OVO offices, who knows!

The idea for the campaign is aiming to encourage an optimistic movement towards zero carbon living across the country. With this in mind, if we go ahead the people chosen (possibly both employees and customers) will represent a mix of people who reflect our society.

Next steps

At this point we are just gauging interest, so let us know if you’d consider taking part. If we go ahead, we would be looking for you to be available between the 4th - 10th Sept.

Look forward to seeing who’s up for it! 📸📽

Darran

Hi Darren, Not sure if my ageing features are what is needed .

I'm up for it but have limited availability . Just about on the 4th and 5th
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @Fred Rick we are looking to represent all our customers with this campaign, so not just looking for a specific type of person!!!! All are welcome to put themselves forward!!

Thanks for confirming. Will pass this on and keep you posted.

Darran
Userlevel 2
Badge
we might be interested @Darran_OVO. Since we got our solar panels we’ve become eco-stats geeks and we recently moved to Ovo because of their green credentials.

we find it frustrating that the government isn’t doing more to communicate a strategic plan or create an infrastructure that enables an easier and better transition to zero carbon or incentivise individuals and companies to contribute.

if this could help towards that cause then we’re interested.