Solved

Phone lines - I'm having issues getting through

• 24 January 2019
  • 7 replies

I’m trying to get in touch with ovo but the phone answers and then it’s completely blank, does anyone know if it’s down. I’m using the 0330 303 5063 number
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 25 January 2019, 16:10

Hi @Kirsty80

Have you checked to see if your question is answered already on the forum or our help section on the website?

We are experiencing an extremely busy period at the moment but not aware of any issues with the phone lines stopping people getting through.

The number you quoted is the right one: 0330 303 5063

Darran
View original

7 replies

Tried to call numerous times to set up my payment details, but the call cuts off after the options are listed. Incredibly frustrating, and potentially expensive as I'm calling from a mobile.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Tried to call numerous times to set up my payment details, but the call cuts off after the options are listed. Incredibly frustrating, and potentially expensive as I'm calling from a mobile.

Hi @pjphillips7 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

If you check out this webpage of info:https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-do-i-change-direct-debit-details.html
It provides a low rate number to call instead of the 0800 one youve been trying so far.

Hopefully you can get through to one of the team shortly
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hiya @pjphillips7

I'm so sorry to hear that you were cut off when trying to call us on Saturday. I'm not sure what happened on this occasion - our Care team were in and taking calls from 9am-5pm that day. Did you manage to get through in the end? One thing I'll say for sure is you don't need to worry about those charges: our 0330 numbers are free from a mobile or landline! One thing I'd warn you about is that call forwarding services are out there on search engines and might charge a premium when calling, so only use the contact numbers found on our website here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers#contactnumbers.

Just to add, I've edited the title of this topic in case other users have a similar issue when calling us. Hope that's OK.

Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Kirsty80

Have you checked to see if your question is answered already on the forum or our help section on the website?

We are experiencing an extremely busy period at the moment but not aware of any issues with the phone lines stopping people getting through.

The number you quoted is the right one: 0330 303 5063

Darran
Is it possible to speak to someone as I'm having problems framing my situation/question in a message? (I'm a former OvO customer, left exactly a year ago and considering returning). Thanks, RJ99

ps dunno which of your forums this fits so I'll try the first News & Updates one
Userlevel 5
Badge
I've popped your post here, @RJ99, the above best answer by @Darran_OVO, will give you our contact number.

Great to hear you're thinking of coming back to us!
Thank you 🙂