Pinned

OVO iOS and Android app version 6.1.2 - release notes

Userlevel 2
We're rolling out an update to the OVO app that'll release these changes:

New features
- We've made the new improved native meter read submission experience available to more customers. You'll now see the new experience if you have a meters with lots of digits or if you have day and night electricity meters (Economy 7 or Economy 10).
- Sometimes we need to do maintenance on our systems and when that happens the app has been showing uninformative error messages. We've added a new feature that'll allow us to inform you through the app if you're trying to access your account when our systems are being worked on. There's also lots of work going into reducing the amount of downtime our systems have.
- If the app fails to fetch your account details for any reason we've added the option for you to ask it to try again.

Bugs squashed
- On the meter readings screen we're recommending to most customers which date in the month is best for you to submit a meter reading. There was a bug in how we were working out which day to recommend so some customers were being recommended the wrong date. We've fixed that in this release.

Coming soon
We're working on a new version of the Home screen and we're looking at more helpful ways to explain your account balance. Watch this space!

If you'd like to try a slightly rough-round-the-edges version of the new home screen experience leave a comment here and we'll be in touch.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
OVO is a good android as well as an ios application for calling benefits for your help. It's a really good app and now the bugs are fixed that's why it is nice.
I'm having problems submitting my monthly reading in the app under the new update. Never had a problem before. The app accepts my night reading, but then nothing happens when I've input my day units and hit submit. Please help as I need to get these in!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@Jon_OVO if you are still looking for people to test the new version of the home screen I have an iPhone and v6.1.2 of the app installed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @Mw2870

Great stuff, I have sent you a link via PM so you can sign up and get involved!!

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Mw2870 You should get an invite through shortly! Good luck trying it out.

Look forward to any feedback you have to share!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Thank you. I'll keep everyone posted soon!
OVO iOS and Android app version 6.1.2 - release notes
It is actually great that OVO iOS has recently released an Android application for version 6.1.2. Here users get some advanced features that the previous version can't support. You may take other details from Gmail support that provides better knowledge.
It is actually great that OVO iOS has recently released an Android application for version 6.1.2. Here users get some advanced features that the previous version can't support. You may take other details from https://mailhelp.net/gmail-support/ that provides better knowledge.
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close