Blog

OVO Community Blog - Issue 5

• 8 July 2019
  • 0 replies
OVO Community Blog - Issue 5
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Another weekend, another round of DIY...

Yes it was a busy one in my house this weekend, although it wasn't all DIY. I was lucky enough to attend a friends wedding and it was a stunning day. The weather was beautiful and the venue was amazing. The whole day from beginning to end was bursting with fun and laughter!

What did you guys get up to over the weekend? I bet with the amazing sunshine, there was a lot of PV generation! Who generated the most? Comment below and lets see....

How's the kitchen coming along I hear you say...

Well, thanks for asking, the answer is very well. We actually have a hob and extractor fan in place now, despite the picture here. I need to take a few, more recent pics.

Progress is not without drama, new power board needed for the oven, but that's arrived today, so aiming to have a working oven by the end of the day. I'm sure we're saving a fair bit of electric, just have a microwave to cook from, thankfully its a combination microwave, so we've been able to cook some meals in it. My IHD is not plugged in right now, so not been tracking my usage as much as I usually do, but the great weather over the weekend allowed us to continue hanging our washing outside, rather then using the tumble dryer (I cannot look at the IHD when that's on....).

In other news, its been another busy week on the forum:

Good is @tony1tf Smart Meter issues seem to have been resolved, for now anyway. New tech is never without it's challenges at times. Luckily we have many customers who never experience these issues, so when we do have one or two that don't seem to be playing ball, we like to make sure we step in and try and resolve asap. You can read more about that here.

In other areas of the forum, we seen lots of chatter on @Eva_OVO shout out for energy saving tips for her new home. Sounds like she's already taken away lots of great hints and tips, why not share yours over on her topic.

We also saw our mods jump to the aid of @ooshinibos who reported issues with making a payment, but thankfully resolved it and we made that the best answer! Self service at its finest!

So I'll wrap up there for this week. Don't forget to check out the unanswered questions to see if you can help someone else on the forum. After all that's what a community is all about.

Have a great week!

Darran
Community Manager

0 replies

Be the first to reply!