Blog

OVO Community Blog - Issue 28

• 16 December 2019
  • 2 replies
OVO Community Blog - Issue 28
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We’ve been adjusting to life post-Darran, and fortunately last Friday we had our OVO Christmas party to distract us! It’s usually a pretty dramatic affair, with tables full of fizz. @Tim_OVO managed to capture some pictures of the main event...

This was bar number one of three, and the smallest of the lot :champagne_glass:

The Christmas tree was sparkling away :christmas_tree:

We’ve got a lot of jazzy meeting rooms on the ground floor (which the Forum VIPs will have seen on their last visit), which were turned into all sorts of different activities for the evening. We had beer pong :beers: , a karaoke room :notes: , photobooth :camera_with_flash: , silent disco and much more. I could be found in the karaoke room screaming my lungs out to Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi :guitar:

Overheard on the OVO Forum this week…

@Eva_OVO took the reins with our Newswire update this week - did you have a read? If not, catch up with the latest here.

V2G continues to be our most popular topic of conversation on the Forum!

Check out new updates on the Climate Timer thread. Some interesting discussions regarding solar and V2G here too. Very detailed stuff!

On a separate note, SuperUser @Transparent celebrated his second anniversary with the OVO Forum last week - go give him some kudos here.

He continues to top the leaderboard of top users over the week, with 9 likes last week! Coming in second were @Leo Moran and @ajrichards with 3 apiece. I think we need to give each other a bit more love :heart: - don’t forget to hit the :thumbsup_tone2: icon beneath a comment if you find someone’s post helpful!

Trial for traditional meter customers…

As you may have heard, we introduced a new version of the website this year with real time billing. So far we’ve only been able to move smart meter customers onto this platform, but soon we’re going to be trialling the platform for customers with traditional/non-smart meters. We’ll be reaching out to get some volunteers for this soon! Keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

Be sure to check our Christmas opening hours too, just in case you need to get in touch over the festive period :christmas_tree:

That’s all for now!

Nancy

:bulb:

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah… so last Friday would’ve been the best day to have dropped in to OVO to say “Hi”!

In response to @Nancy_OVO pointing out that I topped the leader-board for “likes” last week, perhaps I should let others know why this tends to happen…

Contrary to what you might suppose, the number of “likes” my posts receive is not attributable to the number of times I’ve posted stuff on the Forum.

The trick to getting “likes” is that I tend to write information which others may find useful at some future date. It’s not just because people are reading what I posted last week, but rather that they’ve discovered something I actually wrote months ago!

So that’s the secret:-

If you want to rise up the leader-board, instead of merely responding to the previous comment, think what others might wish to know when they arrive on the Forum in the future. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

So that’s the secret:-

If you want to rise up the leader-board, instead of merely responding to the previous comment, think what others might wish to know when they arrive on the Forum in the future. :slight_smile:

:clap:  Yes! :ok_hand:

We’re working on a new points based leaderboard, so that these good quality and helpful comments you mention get factored in to your rank. More on this in the new year!

:robot: