News

Our community now has 10,000 members - our story so far

• 18 November 2019
  • 23 replies
Our community now has 10,000 members - our story so far
Userlevel 7

10,000 and growing...

Yep, recently we reached 10,000 membership sign ups! Not bad for a community that was launched only 2 years ago!   

For us, this is a huge achievement and it’s so exciting to see so many of you getting involved and supporting this crazy journey we’re on.  Our community has always been about you, our members, to have a space to get help quickly and easily, to communicate with us but more importantly with each other.   It’s a place to share your views and opinions on a range of subjects, but also step in and help out a fellow member and build connections with like minded people.  

We’ve grown in numbers, we’ve learned a lot along the way and built some great relationships with you.  Here’s a few key highlights worth calling out: 

Our community’s 2nd Birthday!

Where do I start!  It’s been a brilliant and fun journey so far.  I think for me the main highlight is all of you! Our members, some of who have been there since the beginning and continue to get involved and support other members.  Seeing you so engaged and wanting to help us improve has been so rewarding and I think we will only continue to go from strength to strength!  A big thanks from me for supporting us, being honest with us (you know who you are) and finally a massive thanks to my Mod team!  All of you add so much to our community, supporting members, adding great content and generally being awesome, so thanks to you too.  Here’s to the next 10,000!! - Darran :pray:

A picture of one of our first V2G chargers being fitted - check out the topic here

“I’ve loved seeing our EV forum grow in size and activity. We have a great community within a community there, great content about the trials and launching of new EV products such as the V2G and Smart chargers. And most importantly loads of engaged users sharing and helping each other. Too many to shout out them all, but a special thanks to @Ajerthebadger @Kat Leaf @falklandkid  @Peetee  @UC Bear @Leo Moran @aaronr @Andras @Chris_OVO and last but not least, one of our community veterans @ITGeek123 - keep on rolling ya’ll! :race_car:” - Tim

A few shots of our VIP day - look at all those smart meters! 

“I really enjoyed hosting our Forum VIP day and inviting some of our forum users to see OVO HQ in Bristol, and discussing all things Forum related! These sessions are so useful in building connections with you all, but also gaining vital insight. You can see the feedback we took and changes we actioned as a result here! Big thanks to all that came, including@Transparent @PeterR1947  @tony1tf @Hari_OVO  @NoPoke - see you at the next one!” - Nancy

@Darran_OVO weekly blog has been a hit, rounding up the last week and plan for the week ahead!

“My highlight is Darran’s weekly Community Blogs, it’s a good round-up of what's gone on and what’s going on. It’s nice to see what you guys are getting up to too. I even became a guest blogger for a week - check it out here! :wink: - Eva

Here’s a snap from @Transparent shown in the Pet Corner topic!

“Wow 10,000 members! I’ve been helping out on the forum this last year, and I’ve really enjoyed getting to know our volunteers, and having a bit of fun. A great example of this was our ‘Pet corner’ topic. I loved learning a bit more about our top volunteers, and their fury friends at home. If you haven’t already, leave a comment with a piccy! Next stop 20,000!” - Amy

Your turn…

We’d love to hear your highlights, or simply tell us why you enjoy being part of our OVO Community….

Updated 19/05/2020

23 replies

Userlevel 6

Happy second birthday to you all….and there’s cake?

Leo

Userlevel 7
Badge

This is awesome news everyone! 😁 Do I get cake this time? 😂

Userlevel 7

There’s still a slice of vegan carrot cake actually @Leo Moran @ITGeek123 - made by our own @Nancy_OVO - it’s delicious. Well it was a few weeks ago when she brought it in :nauseated_face:

Maybe just coffee this time! 

:coffee:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Great news @Tim_OVO 

Do you get internal stats on the Forum?

I’d be interested to know how many views it gets from those who do not logon as a Member.

I’ve been seeing content that I’ve supplied being referred to in other industry publications (with the OVO Forum properly attributed). So I think its reach is far wider than the membership figures might suggest.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Tim_OVO I've never had carrot cake 😭 is it any good? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

OMG @ITGeek123 - you just cannot imagine what deliciousness awaits.

Go online to somewhere like Waitrose and order one immediately.

Better still, here’s a classic recipe on the BBC website. Order the ingredients and make your own.

Userlevel 7

Cannot believe you’ve never had carrot cake @ITGeek123 !!! What is this madness!! Lol.

@Transparent we average around 60k visits to the forum each month, so  over 700k visits a year! So agree the reach is far wider than the 10k members suggest!   Especially as only a small proportion of these members are super active, i.e repeat, regular visitors!   Either way these numbers make us very happy and worth celebrating!!! 

Now @ITGeek123, where are we on the carrot cake gate….?

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Darran_OVO I just think carrot and cake shouldn't be together 😂. Now coffee cake that is a different story 🤤

Userlevel 6

If Nancy made it I can definitely trust it….made to a good Northern Recipe.

Userlevel 7

Lol, to be honest @ITGeek123, coffee and walnut cake is one of my favourites!! :) 

@Nancy_OVO made a great carrot cake @Leo Moran, I can definitely vouch for that! 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Nancy_OVO are you taking orders? 😋 I still need to pop by the office and say hello to everyone if I'm still welcomed over 

Userlevel 7

Of course you are welcome!! So glad to see you back on here @ITGeek123, it’s been too long!!! 

Userlevel 7

if I'm still welcomed over 

Defo! 

I’ll take a coffee cake if you’re passing a Waitrose @Transparent 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes @Leo Moran - if Nancy made the vegan carrot cake, I’ll bet she uses fresh vegans :wink:

Userlevel 6

@Transparent ...where do you get them from? Never seen any this far North.

Userlevel 6

Love the upgrade to the V2G. You can now put a limit on your import. Where before you had no choice and had to fully charge to 100% you can now have a maximum as well as a minimum choice. I’m happy charging to 100% with my present car but with the new one I’ll be setting it to 90%…..after all I doubt you’ll be able to suck all the 45 kW juice out of it….or will you? Any idea when you’re upgrading to 6 kW export?

Userlevel 6

No vegans were harmed in the cake making process I’m sure, @Transparent, deffo welcome back @ITGeek123, I think another VIP days is on the cards??!!

Userlevel 5

No vegans were harmed in the making of my cake! :joy:

I think I might try to make coffee cake next :cake::coffee: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It’s a Cornish thing @Leo Moran.

Emmets (tourists) were rejecting our traditional steak pasties and asking if we had anything vegan instead.

So now we’ve got them on the list of ingredients.  :wink:

Userlevel 6

@Transparent ...A Cornish Pasty is meat and veg…..MEAT & Veg….and long may it be so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It is meat @Leo Moran 

… it’s fresh vegan.  :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Userlevel 5

That looks amazing, @Transparent, I love Lidl chocolate cake! :heart_eyes:  :drooling_face:

I can’t believe we’ve hit 10,000 members :dancer_tone3: