Tutorial

New features for making content - what do you think?

• 15 October 2019
  • 10 replies
New features for making content - what do you think?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

New features available!

There’s been an update yesterday, giving you content writers more options for making content. :sunglasses:  

Tables, call outs, font colours, embded media and code have been added or improved, so you can create the content as you see best!

It would be great to get some feeback on this, good or bad. @Transparent I know you’ve had a few issues with tagging. Please share in the comments, so we can feed this back to Insided!

This is a call out by the way - good at grabbing the attention of the reader!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Transparent has already been moaning about the changes over on my blog @Tim_OVO!! Lol!! But in all seriousness, be great to get some feedback on these changes.  We can’t promise to change it back or change it to how each individual wants it, but we can definitely pass it on.  

Personally, I think this is great, and gives us more options than before so in my book that’s a good thing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Well for a start I can’t find the buttons you’ve used to put a green background behind the word options, nor the paragraphs you’ve identified as a call-out.

Those options don’t appear on my editor window, whether I first select a word/paragraph or not.

Was that a “moan” I put on the Community Blog page?

Hmm - I thought it was an LARF (Logically Articulated Robust Feedback).

Anyways… let’s copy the two LARFs over here so we keep everything in the right Thread:

A    If I insert codes manually like this

but find that I’ve made a mistake which I want to re-edit...

I then choose the Edit option at bottom-right of the Post, which puts the text back into Edit-Mode but also removes ALL my tags!

B  The button-icons are now at the top of our editing window, graphics are now automatically centred rather than aligned left, we have a new “Paragraph” style icon on the left of the buttons, and the editor now picks up both numbered and lettered lists for auto-formatting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Haha, I was pulling your leg @Transparent!! As I mentioned in my blog, I think some of the changes are available in the back end for us, but are in the process of being pushed out publicly for you all to use!  

But thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

OK, thanks @Darran_OVO. I’m always slightly wary of stating something that appears to be a difference from the editor window which we see, as opposed to what you are running in-house. It could just as easily be a deficiency due to us using different browsers.

Just so you know how I currently insert the color-tags I use, here’s a snap-shot of the text window where I store an alphabetical list of the most common ones:

So if the new Editor window also now allows the setting of background colours, I should be able to make my text even easier to follow by using colour combinations… perhaps even fading effects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

LARF hahahahah :joy:

If I’m honest, I did think all of those editor features were now available to all members. That’s my mistake.

Now I can see some of these features are only for back-end use.  

So if the new Editor window also now allows the setting of background colours, I should be able to make my text even easier to follow by using colour combinations… perhaps even fading effects.

I think front end font colour is also a no no currently@Transparent 

what do we think of the new table features?

@aaronr @SR3 - have you made any content since Monday afternoon? Any feedback on the changes, let us know!

For now, I’ll stop all this formatting LARF :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah yes… the new table feature.

Do you realise that it actually supports tables within tables?

log table

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is getting very odd. In this Topic it seems that Color tags are still being interpreted. But on other Topics, the raw tags are visible in the main body text. Have a look at this other Topic to see what’s happening:

Why are some Topics affected but not others?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is getting very odd. In this Topic it seems that Color tags are still being interpreted. But on other Topics, the raw tags are visible in the main body text. Have a look at this other Topic 

I’m getting this checked by the platform providers, Insided. 

To Be Continued...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

And we now have a new fault on the Forum. Moderator Emily has lost her account handle. Her old posts are now being shown as from “Anonymous”.

Have a look at this Topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

And we now have a new fault on the Forum. Moderator Emily has lost her account handle. Her old posts are now being shown as from “Anonymous”.

Have a look at this Topic.

That’s fine - as Emily is no longer a moderator on this forum, her account has become anonymised. All of her valuable comments still remain thankfully!

There’s since been a change to how we ‘retire’ moderators. 

Update on colour feature: please note that the option to manually change the colour of font via BBcode (and also currently HTML) has been removed. But new features are planned to allow for this editing. No dates confirmed for this yet.