Is anyone else not getting email notifications from a subscribed topic?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Mod of the day, whoever you are.

I'm again missing email Notifications of Topics to which I've already posted.
I received no email telling me of this post from the Author. I spotted it only because I still had the tab open on my browser and hit "refresh".

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm again missing email Notifications of Topics to which I've already posted.
I received no email telling me of this post from the Author.

Any other users having this issue?

Would be great to diagnose this, so leave a comment if you've noticed the same as Transparent. Then I'll raise it with the platform vendor Insided.

Thanks all! 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I received no Email Notifications for the six posts yesterday on the Community Blog 10 Topic.

I've only just noticed that @Darran_OVO responded to my comments about bomb damage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Now I'm receiving Notifications which appear to have been held-up somewhere.

Eg At 16:11 this afternoon, I had an email informing me of this post which had actually arrived on the Topic yesterday, and to which I'd already responded yesterday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for the update - let's keep an eye and see if this continues. Then I can go to the developers to get a fix put in place!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Well this is getting even more weird.

At 15:10 today (19aug19) I received an email to tell me of a message posted by Forum-Member PennyLane two months ago here

I've double-checked the URL embedded in the email and it's definitely pointing at message number 22623, which I assume is unique?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Alert @Tim_OVO! I found this Topic over the weekend. Had I not done so, I wouldn't have known I'd been mentioned because I received no email notification (again).

Since no one has posted any responses, does that mean there wee no Notifications sent to all the others also mentioned by @Eva_OVO ?
Userlevel 5
Badge
hmmmm this is odd @Transparent, I've raised this to @Tim_OVO, lets see what he thinks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'll raise this with the Insided support team @Transparent - would be good to get to the bottom of this!

*Edit* - Just sent you a PM about this Transparent, looks like this won't be effecting other forum users
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Something's still not right @Tim_OVO.
I haven't received any Notification Emails from the Mod of the Day Topic for at least a week. Yet, I've posted there, and have certainly received a daily email in time gone by.

Incoming Forum messages are now on my WhiteList.
Userlevel 6
Badge
I haven't received any Notification Emails from the Mod of the Day Topic for at least a week.

Have you accidentally unsubscribed from it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Nope... I received this morning's Notification telling me you were today's Mod.

When @Tim_OVO spoke to Insided about what I was observing, they said they sometimes get Notifications bounce back from my email address.

Since I don't see those bounces, it's a tad difficult to work out what proportion are bouncing. Until they mentioned that, I'd assumed that it was a failure of the Forum software to send the Notification email in the first place.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Very odd, I'll check back with Insided to see when they're new notifications system is rolled out, that might be our best best for sorting this!