Pinned

I'm an Economy Energy Customer - What do I need to know?

• 14 January 2019
  • 131 replies

Show first post

131 replies

Im now locked out of economy, and feel like ive been robed !!
I was pressured to take my original refund through ovo and economy would send the rest later !! Its probably only 100 pounds but its alot to me .
Economy refused to issue a new final bill after getting the correct meter reading.
Is there anything I can do
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm not sure of the specifics with regards to this refund, @Sibren but if you're waiting on a revised final bill and credit balance (and therefore a refund) the administrator of Economy Energy would be the ones to advise on this. Drop them an email at: Economy.Energy@uk.gt.com - they're pretty quick at replying nowadays.

Hope it gets sorted quickly!
Hello,

I am a former EE client who left the country last year and I haven’t been able to get refund from the money in credit on my account (a few hundred pounds). So I would be very pleased to get my money back now. How can I do to get what they owe me?

Thanks for your help,

Laure
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @ajeandel check out the info on this topic.  @Tim_OVO posted a reply to someone with a similar query yesterday.

Hi I was an economy energy customer until their collapse back in Jan, I’m still waiting to here if I was in credit/debit, even when ovo took over 3 direct debits were still payed to them. I did speak to someone at OVO back in June/July and was told then that it would soon be sorted and I’ve still heard nothing 

Userlevel 5
Badge

It has been a long process, @Moppet006, we appreciate your patience. 

Grant Thornton has been appointed as the administrator for Economy Energy. They can be contacted at: Economy.Energy@uk.gt.com, they may be able to shed some light and offer a time frame for resolution.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our team, the’ll be able to see if there is any progress our end. You can send us a message on FacebookTwitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call on: 0330 303 5063 Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks!